Contemporary Foods and Nutrition Concepts Online Course
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
About Contemporary Foods & Nutrition Concepts
This course examines contemporary food and nutrition matters with consideration of the factors influencing food selection and preparation as a means to improve nutritional status. The general goal is to enhance student awareness in regards to consumer food choices, with emphasis on knowledge and skills to apply healthy nutrition choices to consumers.
Students have 3 to 9 months to complete this course from the time of enrollment. You may work at your own pace and complete lessons on your own schedule, submitting up to three items per week for grading. This course contains 10 lessons. Each lesson contains lesson objectives and a to-do list, required reading, videos and other supporting material, and at least one assessment. You will work on a combination of lab assignments, reflections, and present a food demonstration. Lesson topics include:
- Health Considerations
- Food Labels and Packaging
- Marketing & Food Product Comparisons
- Food Trends
- Meal Planning on a Budget
- Meal Planning Considerations
- Planning a Menu
- Food Demonstration
Required Course Textbook
Powers, C. & Hess, M. A.(2019). Essentials of Nutrition for Chefs (3rd ed.). Culinary Nutrition Publishing, LLC. ISBN #: 9780991178810
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.