World Food Patterns Online Course
World Food Patterns investigates cultural diversity by identifying social, cultural, religious, ethnic, and personal preferences on the food choices of individuals, families and societies.
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
About N&D 335: World Food Patterns
Students learn that differential nutrition status, by making some people more fit that others, has widespread economic, political and social consequences.
This course explores the diets and nutritional behaviors and their influences on humans from around the world and try to figure out why people eat what they do. By learning why people eat the way they do, we can also understand many other things about them as well. Uncover the trail of understanding and how cultures are interconnected – using food as the guide. The approach will be holistic and studies all of the ways that human dietary practices are an outward sign of culture, focusing on the biological, sociocultural, and environmental factors that influence food consumption patterns.
This course contains 11 lessons which includes two proctored exams. Topics include Food, Culture and Health Beliefs, Intracultural Communication & World Religion, and Cultural Exploration of the Americas, Europe, Asia and the Pacific Islands, Africa, the Balkans and the Middle East, and Regional America.
Course Textbook for World Food Patterns
Kittler, Sucher, & Nelms-Nahikian. (2017) Food and Culture, 7th ed. Cengage Learning
How will this online course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.