Sports Nutrition Online Course
- ND 240: Fundamentals of Nutrition
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
About the Sports Nutrition Online Course
Sports Nutrition provides is an overview of the specialized nutritional needs of recreational and competitive athletes. It presents the scientific basis for the role of food and nutrients during athletic training, performance, and recovery. After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the role of each macronutrient (carbohydrate, protein, and fat) in exercise.
- Integrate and synthesize nutritional recommendations for an athlete specific activity.
- Explain the importance of proper hydration on athletic performance.
- Describe safety and efficacy of ergogenic aids on athletic performance.
- Utilize research to make informed decisions about nutrition and physical performance.
Students have 3 to 9 months to complete this course from the time of enrollment. You may work at your own pace and complete lessons on your own schedule, submitting up to three items per week for grading. This course contains 12 lessons designed to focus your study of Sports Nutrition and to assist you in achieving the course learning objectives/outcomes. Each lesson contains lesson objectives, a to-do list, required reading, video and other supporting material, and at least one assessment. Lesson topics include:
- Introduction to Sports Nutrition
- Nutrient Absorption and Metabolism
- Nutritional Ergogenics
- Endurance and Ultra Endurance Athletes
- Strength/Power Athletes
- Team Sports Athletes
Required Course Materials
Fink, H. and Mikesky, A. (2021). Practical applications in sports nutrition (6th ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning. ISBN: 9781284181340
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.