First Year Norwegian II Online Course
This course provides the tools to use Norsk as a listener, speaker, reader, and writer in everyday situations involving daily events, food, the weather, sports, clothing, health, likes/dislikes, and travel.
- NORW 101 with a grade of C or better.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
About First Year Norwegian II
The two primary goals in this course are to 1) increase your knowledge of the Norwegian language, and 2) to strengthen your ability to assess, interpret, and discuss Norway on a global scale. After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Comprehend and respond appropriately to basic questions and statements in Norwegian
- Read and react to basic Norwegian texts
- Improve general second language acquisition and communication skills
- Appraise and understand texts and communications in Norwegian in a social and cultural context
Students have 3 to 9 months to complete this course from the time of enrollment. You may work at your own pace and complete lessons on your own schedule, submitting up to three items per week for grading. This course contains 21 lessons which include 4 proctored exams, 1 oral exam, and 1 open-book exam. Most lessons contain learning objectives, a to-do list, a lesson overview video, a reading assignment, and several exercises. Lesson topics include:
- Family and Relatives
- Appearance and Personality
- Love and Romantic/Domestic Life
- Home Towns
- Housing and Rooms
- Furnishings and Decor
- Working Conditions
- Personal Finances
- The Body
- Illnesses and Injuries
- Lifestyle and Health Habits
- Travel and Lodging
- Tourist Attractions
- Excursions in Norway
Textbook and Materials
Sett i gang 2 (Second Edition): An Introductory Norwegian Curriculum by Kari Lie Dorer and Nancy Aarsvold
- ISBN-13: 978-1540745712
- ISBN-10: 1540745716
- Grammar Reference: Norwegian Verbs & Essentials of Grammar by Louis Janus
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.