Introduction to Psychology Online Course
UND's enroll anytime courses are offered online and are open for enrollment any day of the year. These online courses for credit are self-paced, so it's convenient for you to work on your own time and have 3 to 9 months to complete the course.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take an online psychology course?
The major objective of the intro to psychology course is to provide you with an intensive overview of the field of psychology and the breadth of topics that comprise the field of psychology.
At the end of this online psychology college course, you will be a more sophisticated people watcher. That is, the material of the course will broaden your perspective on behavior and allow you to observe, interpret, and enjoy the behavior from a more knowledgeable and richer perspective.
Lessons in Online Psychology College Course
- The Evolution of Psychology
- The Research Enterprise in Psychology
- The Biological Bases of Behavior
- Intelligence and Psychological Testing
- Exam 1
- Sensation and Perception
- Human Memory
- Exam 2
- Motivation and Emotion
- Human Development Across the Life Span
- Social Behavior
- Exam 3
- Personality: Theory, Research and Assessment
- Psychological Disorders
- Treatment of Psychological Disorders
- Exam 4
- Exam 5
Which textbook is required for this online psychology class?
Psychology: Themes & Variations. Weiten, Wayne. 10th ed. Belmont, CA: Thomson/Wadsworth, 2017. ISBN-10: 978-1-305-49820-4
You may use a hard cover, loose leaf, e-book or rented book as long as it is the 10th edition.
What can I expect in this Psyc111 online course?
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- 13 Lessons
- 5 Proctored Exams
Each lesson has an open-book quiz where you are asked to answer 20 randomly selected multiple-choice questions. The purpose of this quiz is to assess your knowledge of material from the chapter. The lesson immediately preceding each exam will ask you to answer one additional, randomly selected essay question.
The multiple-choice exams will cover material learned in lessons and chapters preceding the exams. The last multiple-choice exam is comprehensive and will cover the material from the entire textbook.
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, or you may be able to complete in as little as 3 months. The credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind, UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
Why choose the University of North Dakota?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable - UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited - UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits from UND - The transfer of credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. Enroll anytime courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as on-campus and online semester-based courses appear.
Enroll-anytime courses allow you to complete the course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take this online quiz to help determine if enroll anytime courses are the right fit for you.
*Course information, including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.