Introduction to Psychology Online Course
Intro to Psychology is a survey of the scientific study of behavior and mental processes, with consideration of psychology as a science and a profession.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why Take an Online Psychology Course?
The major objective of the intro to psychology online course is to provide you with an intensive overview of the field of psychology and the breadth of topics that comprise the field of psychology.
At the end of this online psychology college course, you will be a more sophisticated people watcher. That is, the material of the course will broaden your perspective on behavior and allow you to observe, interpret, and enjoy the behavior from a more knowledgeable and richer perspective.
Lessons in the Online Psychology College Course
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 13 online psychology lessons and five proctored exams.
Each lesson has an open-book quiz where you are asked to answer 20 randomly selected multiple-choice questions. The purpose of this quiz is to assess your knowledge of material from the chapter. The lesson immediately preceding each exam will ask you to answer one additional, randomly selected essay question.
The multiple-choice exams will cover material learned in lessons and chapters preceding the exams. The last multiple-choice exam is comprehensive and will cover the material from the entire textbook.
Introduction to Psychology Online Course Plan
- The Evolution of Psychology
- The Research Enterprise in Psychology
- The Biological Bases of Behavior
- Intelligence and Psychological Testing
- Exam 1
- Sensation and Perception
- Human Memory
- Exam 2
- Motivation and Emotion
- Human Development Across the Life Span
- Social Behavior
- Exam 3
- Personality: Theory, Research and Assessment
- Psychological Disorders
- Treatment of Psychological Disorders
- Exam 4
- Exam 5
Required Psychology Textbook
Psychology: Themes & Variations. Weiten, Wayne. 10th ed. Belmont, CA: Thomson/Wadsworth, 2017. ISBN-10: 978-1-305-49820-4
You may use a hard cover, loose leaf, e-book or rented book as long as it is the 10th edition.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.