Behavior Modification & Therapy
Students in UND's Behavior Modification & Therapy will discover how learning can cause behavior problems to form, and how learning principles can reduce or eliminate concerns.
- Psyc 111
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
What will I learn in the Behavior Modification & Therapy online course?
This course focuses on how learning principles can be used to create positive behavioral change. Behavior modification may be used to treat the symptoms associated with major forms of mental illness, but it also works well with other types of behavioral problems that may occur at home, at school, or in the workplace. Some of the applications that will be considered will be related to clinical psychology, while others will be related to parenting practices, school psychology, health psychology, and physical therapy.
Students will discover how learning can cause behavioral problems to form and how learning principles can be used to reduce or eliminate behavioral concerns. Students will also discover how different behavioral modification procedures work, in what circumstances a given behavioral modification procedure should be used, and how it should be used to best effect.
Students should have a basic understanding of abnormal psychology before taking this course. For example, students will find it helpful to be familiar with the major symptoms associated with autism spectrum disorder, major depressive disorder, phobic disorder, and other well-known forms of mental illness. For this reason, a prerequisite course is Introduction to Psychology (PSYC 111).
You have 3-9 months to complete 28 lessons, which includes 4 proctored exams.
Which textbook is required?
This course has one required textbook:
Miltenberger, R. G. Behavior Modification: Principles and Procedures (6th Ed.).
How will the Psyc 331 course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, or you may be able to complete in as little as 3 months. The credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind, UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
Why choose the University of North Dakota?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable - UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited - UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits from UND - The transfer of credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. Enroll anytime courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as on-campus and online semester-based courses appear.
Enroll-anytime courses allow you to complete the course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take this online quiz to help determine if enroll anytime courses are the right fit for you.
*Course information, including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.