Psychology & Law
UND's Psychology and Law course explores the intersection of psychology and the legal system.
- Psyc 111
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
What will I learn in the Psyc & Law online course?
The course will provide you with an insider’s view of the scientific and applied issues in the field. For each topic, we will critically evaluate the existing science with external validity and generalizability. We also will discuss ethical and moral constraints that arise in the scientific pursuit of knowledge on these topics within the constraints of the legal system.
The interface between psychological principles and our legal system will be explored. Topics include but are not be limited to lie detection, eyewitness identification and accuracy, competency to stand trial, the insanity defense, and jury decision making.
You have 3-9 months to complete 17 lessons, which includes 3 proctored exams.
What is required to take this online course?
This course has one required textbook:
Costanzo, M., & Krauss, D. (2015). Forensic and Legal Psychology: Psychological Science Applied to Law (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Worth Publishers. ISBN-10: 1-319-06031-5
How will the Psycology & Law course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, or you may be able to complete in as little as 3 months. The credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind, UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
Why choose the University of North Dakota?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable - UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited - UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits from UND - The transfer of credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. Enroll anytime courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as on-campus and online semester-based courses appear.
Enroll-anytime courses allow you to complete the course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take this online quiz to help determine if enroll anytime courses are the right fit for you.
*Course information, including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.