Cognitive Psychology Online Course
UND's Cognitive Psychology online course examines theory and research in attention, memory, language, comprehension, reasoning, problem-solving, and decision-making.
- PSYC 303: Research Methods, or with instructor's consent
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
Why take Cognitive Psychology?
There are several goals and objectives: examining the constructs, theories, paradigms, and phenomena of cognitive psychology, discuss the controversies associated with cognitive psychology, apply the basic principles of cognitive psychology to everyday and real world activities.
Students have 3 to 9 months to complete 17 lessons, which includes 14 chapters and 3 proctored exams, all designed to focus your study of how we process information. Each lesson contains the following structural elements:
- Lesson objectives and to-do list
- Required Reading
- Chapter Video Lecture
- Supplementary video
- Assessment (exams, labs)
You will complete 14 labs, designed to follow the 14 chapters in the textbook. You will run yourself as a subject and answer only the discussion question related to each lab. Lab data and discussions are submitted through the course platform, Blackboard.
What is required to take this online course?
You need the textbook and the online lab subscription for this course:
- Reed, S. K. (2013). Cognition: Theory and Application (9th Edition). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth/Thomson Learning.
- Francis, G. & Neath, I. (2015). COGLAB 5. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth/Cengage Learning.
You may purchase the textbook and lab individually, or you may purchase both items through Cengage Unlimited.
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.