Online Introduction to Sociology College Course
Intro to Sociology examines the social components of human behavior, including the norms, laws, cultural patterns, and economic forces that organize everyday life.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $370.08 per credit
Why take Introduction to Sociology online?
Sociology examines the origins, organizations, institutions, and development of human society. It consists of a body of factual knowledge as well as perspectives that offer insights on the impact that social forces have on individual behavior. These perspectives will be explored in this class. Students will analyze theories of society, the structure of social institutions, social conflict and stratification, as well as social interactions among diverse groups of people.
This course contains 17 lessons and 3 proctored exams designed to focus your study of Sociology. Lessons contain readings, video lectures, supplementary videos and articles related to the lesson, quizzes, and written assignments. Topics include:
- Sociological Research
- Society and Social Interaction
- Groups and Organizations
- Deviance, Crime, and Social Control
- Media and Technology
- Social Stratification and the United States
- Race and Ethnicity
- Gender, Sex, and Sexuality
- Marriage and Family
- Government and Politics
- Work and the Economy
- Social Movements and Social Change
UND's enroll anytime courses are offered online and are open for enrollment any day of the year. These online courses for credit are self-paced, so it's convenient for you to work on your own time and have 3 to 9 months to complete the course.
Is there a required text for this online course?
This courses uses a free textbook which is available for download from the online Blackboard course:
OpenStax, Introduction to Sociology 2e, OpenStax CNX. May 18, 2016
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.