Online Introduction to Sociology College Course
UND's enroll anytime courses are offered online and are open for enrollment any day of the year. These online courses for credit are self-paced, so it's convenient for you to work on your own time and have 3 to 9 months to complete the course.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take this online sociology course?
Sociology examines the origins, organizations, institutions, and development of human society. It consists of a body of factual knowledge as well as perspectives that offer insights on the impact that social forces have on individual behavior. These perspectives will be explored in this class.
Course goals and objectives will be achieved through a series of readings, videos, written papers, quizzes, and exams.
Learning Objectives in Online Introduction to Sociology College Course
Upon completion of this course students should be able to:
- Understand sociology’s history, theorists (their contributions), and better appreciate what sociologists do.
- Apply the sociological imagination to a variety of social issues.
- Identify and apply fundamental assumptions associated with the 3 major sociological paradigms.
- Understand how social institutions are created and interdependent.
- Identify the benefits and drawbacks of various research methods used by sociologists in the investigation of social behavior.
- Understand how individuals are socialized into a larger culture.
- Recognize how deviance is socially constructed and maintained.
- Critically examine the role that family, education, mass media, and other social institutions play in the socialization process.
What's required for this online course?
OpenStax, Introduction to Sociology 2e, OpenStax CNX. May 18, 2016
You can download the pdf of the book, or you can work from it online.
Lessons & Exams for Soc110 Online Course
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- 17 Lessons
- 3 Proctored Exams
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.