Spanish 101 Online College Course
UND’s first year Spanish online college course covers the beginning skills of learning to comprehend, speak, read and write Spanish.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 months
- $355.85/credit until July 16 | $370.08/credit starting July 17, 2021
Why Take Spanish 101 Online?
UND’s beginning Spanish online courses are intended for self-motivated students who can independently arrange for regular study and practice time needed for proficiency in a second language. It is expected that students should spend 30 minutes a day or more learning Spanish throughout their course time. Students can reach out as needed to an instructor with flexible office hours throughout the week for email, live phone chats or virtual classroom sessions.
What You'll Learn in Spanish 101?
In the Spanish 101 online college course, you'll learn the basic fundamentals of the Spanish language. The course covers pronunciation and fundamental grammatical principles introduced through the development of skill and listening comprehension and speaking, followed by practice in reading and writing Spanish.
Through a variety of activities, you will learn in context the vocabulary and language structures that will enable hundreds of kinds of communication activities in real-life settings. Activities include listening, reading, writing and speaking. These are gradually learned in the context of lesson themes, such as family, university life, food, shopping, sports and leisure activities.
E-text assignments have many user-friendly features. These include audios to hear the pronunciation of key vocabulary in each lesson, videos featuring actors as students and lively grammar tutorials. Self-checking quizzes will help students prepare for three written proctored exams.
What's Required for College Spanish 101?
“Portales” (e-text) José A. Blanco, Vista Higher Learning (2016). Digital format edition: ISBN 978-1-68004-195-8. A binder-copy is also available for purchase from the publisher.
The text is used for both Spanish 101 and 102 at UND.
You will need high-speed internet with headset for listening and speaking activities through this online Spanish course.
Lessons & Exams for Span101 Online Course
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- Online e-text assignments, with many audiovisual features. The site features self-checking quizzes for each lesson or chapter.
- Two speaking tests, done by phone with the instructor. There are pronunciation models and question guides for each test.
- Three written proctored exams. There is an option to take the exams through an online proctoring service (for a fee).
To request a course syllabus for the online self-paced enroll-anytime (SPEA) Spanish courses, you may contact the instructor, Señor Steve Schmidt at steven.schmidt@UND.edu
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.