Online Spanish 101 College Course
UND's enroll anytime courses are offered online and are open for enrollment any day of the year. These online courses for credit are self-paced, so it's convenient for you to work on your own time and have 3 to 9 months to complete the course.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take Spanish online?
UND’s beginning Spanish online courses are intended for self-motivated students who can independently arrange for regular study and practice time needed for proficiency in a second language. It is expected that students should spend 30 minutes a day or more learning Spanish throughout their course time. Students can reach out as needed to an instructor with flexible office hours throughout the week for email, live phone chats, or virtual classroom sessions.
Through a variety of activities, students will learn in context the vocabulary and language structures that will enable hundreds of kinds of communication activities in real-life settings. Activities include listening, reading, writing and speaking. These are gradually learned in the context of lesson themes, such as family, university life, food, shopping, and sports and leisure activities.
E-text assignments have many user-friendly features. These include audios to hear the pronunciation of key vocabulary in each lesson, videos featuring actors as students and lively grammar tutorials. Self-checking quizzes will help students prepare for three written proctored exams.
For more information, you may inquire by e- mail to instructor Steve Schmidt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Señor Schmidt holds a master’s in education studies from UND and has more than 15 years’ experience working with online Spanish students of all ages across the country.
This course covers the pronunciation, basic vocabulary for a wide variety of practical and personal communications, fundamental language structures, and activities for practice in reading and listening comprehension and speaking.
What's Required for College Spanish 101?
José A. Blanco, Vista Higher Learning (2016).
Digital format edition: ISBN 978-1-68004-195-8. A binder-copy is also available for purchase from the publisher.
Text is used for both Spanish 101 and 102 at UND.
High-speed internet with headset for listening and speaking activities through the course.
Lessons & Exams for Span101 Online Course
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- Online e-text assignments, with many audiovisual features. The site features self-checking quizzes for each lesson or chapter.
- Two speaking tests, done by phone with the instructor. There are pronunciation models and question guides for each test.
- Three written proctored exams. There is an option to take the exams through an online proctoring service (for a fee).
To request a course syllabus for the online self-paced enroll-anytime (SPEA) Spanish courses, you may contact the instructor, Señor Steve Schmidt at email@example.com
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, or you may be able to complete in as little as 3 months. The credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind, UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
Why choose the University of North Dakota?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable - UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited - UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits from UND - The transfer of credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. Enroll anytime courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as on-campus and online semester-based courses appear.
Enroll-anytime courses allow you to complete the course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take this online quiz to help determine if enroll anytime courses are the right fit for you.
*Course information, including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.