Placement into a math course can be based on:
- Officially submitted ACT score.
- Advanced coursework: AP, IB, transfer, or dual credit. You may be placed into the appropriate math course based on the transferability of the course(s) you have taken. These actions are in accordance with the North Dakota University System (NDUS) Policy 402.1.2 – Admission Policies – Student Placement into College Courses.
- ALEKS Placement, Preparation and Learning (PPL) assessment.
Placement based on ACT is as follows:
- ACT Math scores 0-20 may enroll in Math 98
- ACT Math scores 21-25 may enroll in Math 103, 105, or 107
- ACT Math scores 26-36 may enroll in Math 103, 105, 107, 146, or 208*
- ACT Math scores 27-36 may enroll in Math 103, 105, 107, 146, 165, or 208*
*Math 208 is not recommended for first semester freshmen.
You can find specifics on advanced coursework here:
ALEKS PPL Assessment
In order to access the ALEKS PPL assessment please contact the Math department at UND.math@UND.edu.