Freshman Orientation Program
Get ready for your first semester at UND.
The UND Orientation Program is a two-part process that prepares you for your first semester at UND, including: (1) virtual class registration and (2) on-campus Orientation Day.
Complete the following steps for fall 2023:
1. Claim Account and Confirm Enrollment
The nonrefundable $200 enrollment confirmation deposit is a prepayment applied to tuition, fees or other charges on your UND bill. It is not an additional charge.
2. Complete the Orientation Program Reservation Process
Beginning Saturday, Jan. 21 at 9 a.m. (CST), complete the following steps within the UND Orientation Program Reservation System:
- Provide a comprehensive list of all college-level credits (dual credit, PSEO, CIS,
etc.), all AP/CLEP/IB/PLTW scores and/or ACT/SAT scores.
- If you are bringing in credits, it is very important that you report all completed and in-progress classes.
- Your academic advisor will use this information to provide you with a list of your first semester classes. Failure to provide this information may lead to inaccuracies on your recommended class list.
- Based on your major, select a virtual class registration date between May 9 and July 7.
- This date is based on the college of your specific major. See date options below.
- If you want to change your major, you're able to do so during the Orientation Reservation Process.
- Select a date (July 17-21, 24-25) to attend an optional UND Orientation Day held in Grand Forks.
What to know about your virtual class registration date:
- This is not an on-campus event.
- The virtual process can be completed at any time — on or after your selected virtual class registration date.
- The virtual process will take less than 30 minutes.
- About 10 a.m. (CTS) on the virtual class registration date you select, you'll receive an email from UND.advising@UND.edu with a list of your fall 2023 classes and detailed instructions for how to register.
May 16 & 31
June 7, 14 & 28
Arts & Sciences
June 1, 13 & 22
Business & Public Administration
June 8 & 20
Education & Human Development
Engineering & Mines
Medicine & Health Sciences
Nursing & Professional Disciplines
June 6 and 15
3. Take the Math Placement Assessment
At least two weeks prior your virtual class registration date, complete the math placement assessment.
This assessment determines which college-level math classes you need to register for based on your major.
You may not need to take the assessment if one of the following applies to you:
- You have completed college-level math credits, have submitted your AP/CLEP/IB/PLTW math scores and/or have submitted your ACT/SAT scores.
- Your UND major does not require the assessment.
See math placement website for complete details and to take the assessment.
Check Your Email and Complete Your Checklist
Keep watching the email account connected to your admissions application for next steps and all the information you need to successfully begin your first semester at UND.
Reminder: Make sure you're completing any outstanding items on your Admitted Student Checklist, such as applying for housing and financial aid.