Freshman New Student Transition Program
Make Your Transition to UND
Follow the steps below to make your transition to UND.
1. Confirm Your Enrollment
Let us know you're coming to UND! To confirm your enrollment for fall 2020, you must pay a $200 nonrefundable deposit. The deposit is a prepayment applied to tuition, fees or other charges on your UND bill.
You must pay your deposit at least two business days before you'll be able to complete Step 2.
- Required of all new freshmen who plan to enroll in classes for fall 2020.
- The $200 deposit is a down payment applied to future charges you'll incur on your UND bill (tuition, fees, etc.). It's not an additional charge.
- Nonrefundable, but may be applied to future terms if you're unable to enroll for Summer or Fall 2020. Call 1.800.CALL.UND for details.
- After you've claimed your account, you can make your online payment through Campus Connection via e-check from a U.S. bank (free service) or credit card (2.85% convenience fee). It may take up to two business days for the deposit to be processed.
- Refer to the How to Pay Your Enrollment Confirmation Deposit document for step-by-step instructions on paying your deposit in Campus Connection. You must claim your account before you can pay your deposit (see above).
- See Payment Options for alternative payment methods, including mailing a check (note Enrollment Confirmation Deposit in the memo) or FlyWire for international payments.
- If you're unable to pay the $200 deposit due to financial hardship, please contact the UND Office of Admissions at 1.800.CALL.UND or 701.777.3000. You also may pay in installments.
2. Complete New Student Transition Reservation Process
Please allow 1 hour to complete the New Student Transition reservation process that includes the following steps:
- Completing an online Orientation Module where you’ll learn about various programs you can choose to be involved with at UND.
- Providing a complete report of your educational history, including any college-level credit you have completed or AP/CLEP exams you have taken.
3. Complete the Registration ProcessWithin two business days of completing step 2, an academic advisor will reach out to you via phone or email to assist with registration for your fall semester courses.
4. Attend the On-Campus UND Orientation Days (Canceled as of April 1, 2020)
The on-campus UND Orientation Days have been canceled per the recommendations by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention. Making the decision to cancel major university events is not taken lightly and it is never easy. We're working on alternative options to get you the information you need before coming to campus in the fall.
If you already made reservations to attend the on-campus UND Orientation Days, there is no action that you need to take. Your reservation automatically will be canceled, and if you made arrangements to stay in UND Housing, you'll automatically receive a refund to your original form of payment.
To enroll in classes and to successfully start in the fall, you still must complete Steps 1-3.
5. Join the Incoming Student Zoom Info Sessions
Attend our Zoom Info Sessions to learn more about the upcoming fall semester and get all your questions answered before coming to campus.
6. Attend Welcome Weekend
Welcome Weekend will be held on the UND campus from August 22-24, 2020. This event is designed to help you feel at home and acquaint you with campus and the Greater Grand Forks community.