Meet with your students online.
There are several ways to join a session. ; You can join a session directly from a web link, from your course and from your phone.
- From a web link: Your administrator has sent you a link to join an individual session or to log into the Collaborate Scheduler. Open the link in your browser and either join the session or sign in to the Scheduler.
- From your course: Open Collaborate from inside your course. It opens in Blackboard.
- From your phone: You can use the telephony feature to communicate with other users.
- From the Blackboard Learn app: You can launch sessions from Blackboard Learn when links are provided in your courses.
When you first access Class Collaborate you'll encounter an intuitive design for scheduling sessions in the Ultra experience and viewing recordings. We call this the Collaborate Scheduler. The Collaborate scheduler is available in Blackboard Learn or directly from a web link. ;
Set the date for your session, the designated start and stop times, and then tell your student how to find it.
In the Scheduler, or sessions list, you'll find these things.
- Course room: At the start of the page is a course room. The course room is an open session dedicated to your course. (This is only available when you go to Collaborate from inside a course.)
- Create Session: Create new sessions. Sessions you create appear after the course room and Create Session button.
- Session options: Open the Session options menu to join, edit or delete the session. You can also copy a guest link and view reports for this session.
- Menu: Open the menu to switch between a list of sessions and a list of session recordings.
If you have Collaborate in your Blackboard course, you can join the course room or create new sessions directly from your course. It's up to you what the sessions are for. It could be one-on-one sessions, class lectures, or a place for students to host group study sessions.
Up to 25 attendees can call into a session from the phone. If the maximum number of dial-in attendees has been reached, nobody else can call in.
There is more than one way to call into a Collaborate session with dial-in available.
Blackboard Instructor is a mobile app that enables you to view course content, grade assignments, connect with students in discussions, and launch Class Collaborate sessions. The app is available for iOS and Android mobile devices.
Users can launch a Collaborate session from Blackboard Instructor if a link is provided within a course. Users are directed to a web browser to join the session.