When you first access Class Collaborate you'll encounter an intuitive design for scheduling sessions and viewing recordings. We call this the Collaborate Scheduler.
Set the date for your session, the designated start and stop times, and then tell your student how to find it.
In the Scheduler, or sessions list, you'll find these things.
- Course room: At the start of the page is a course room. The course room is an open session dedicated to your course. This is only available when you go to Collaborate from inside a course.
- Create Session: Create new sessions. Sessions you create appear after the course room and Create Session button.
- Session options: Open the Session options menu to join, edit or delete the session. You can also copy a guest link and view reports for this session.
- Menu: Open the menu to switch between a list of sessions and a list of session recordings.
The course room is an open session dedicated to your course.
This makes it easier for you to use Class Collaborate in your courses. It also provides you and your students a convenient launch point for classes or impromptu meetings.
From the Scheduler sessions list, select Create Session. The Create session panel is organized by tabs.
The tabs you see depend on if you create sessions from inside your course or not. Only event details are required to create the session. The other tabs are optional.
Event details: Basic information required for a session.
Session Settings: Optionally, decide if users can download recordings, share audio or video, post chat messages, and more.
Attendance Reporting: Optionally, share session attendance data to your Blackboard Learn course.
Select a session to open the session details. The information you need to join or share the session is immediately after the session name.
You can invite users two ways:
- Send a public guest link
- Send a personal invitation
You can't send invitations to sessions in a Learning Management System (LMS) course. Everyone enrolled in the course has access to the session. If you want to invite someone not in your course, send them a guest link.
Session Settings lets you control what you want to allow in your session. Some settings you need to set before the session begins. Other settings you can change any time before or during the session.