From internships with the Big Four to coursework focused on career skills, our students graduate ready to launch a career.
Successful organizations require financial leadership, whether you plan to run a Fortune 500 company or a local non-profit. Develop the skills and experience you'll need to become a professional accountant, often with a full time job offer before graduation.
- Program type:
- Est. time to complete:
- 4 years
- Credit hours:
- 120 (B.Acc.)
Why Study Accounting at UND?
With a Bachelor of Accountancy (B.Acc.) from UND, you'll have business experience and skills that are in demand.
You'll select one of two accounting tracks at the University of North Dakota:
- The B.Acc. provides graduates with valuable business and accounting skills necessary for numerous business positions. This degree also provides foundational coursework for those who plan to take many professional accounting certification exams.
- The combined B.Acc./M.Acc. program puts you on the fast track. You'll earn both a bachelor's and master's degree in 5 years and prepare for the CPA exam.
Accredited Accounting Degree
This program is accredited by AACSB International, the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Accreditation by AACSB International puts the Nistler CoBPA in the top 5% of business schools in the world.
Gain the Insights to Lead
Professors are readily available to provide the guidance you need to succeed.
Intern with the Big 4, national and regional public accounting firms or private companies.
Live with fellow business students in our Business Living & Learning Community.
Join Beta Alpha Psi, a popular honor society linked to many financial professionals.
Participate in regional and national case competitions.
Get a head start on your job search by visiting the Accounting Career Fair or the Pancratz Career Development Center, or taking our Introduction to Accounting Careers course.
Median annual salary for accountants and auditors*
When You Major in Accounting
An Accounting degree gives you the strategic skills you need, including:
- Financial Statements
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Accounting
UND Accountancy Major Alumni
Accountancy alumni have gone on to a variety of successful careers with:
- Deloitte, LLP
- Eide Bailly, LLP
- Pricewaterhousecoopers, LLP
- Brady Martz & Associates, PC
- Ernst & Young, LLP
Become an Accountant
UND's accounting program has a strong alumni network. Our accounting students often graduate with a job offer in hand, accepting jobs as corporate accountants, auditors, tax accountants or consultants.
- UND graduates score higher than average on the CPA exam.
- UND graduates have earned the prestigious Elijah Watts Sells Award 10 times in the history of the program. The award recognizes the top 10 candidates in the nation who earn the highest cumulative scores on the CPA exam.
Courses in Accounting Programs