Division of Research & Economic Development
Creating new ideas and technologies.
The hallmark of a major research university is its ability to link faculty across all disciplines toward the creation of new ideas and the generation of new technologies.
- Center for Biomedical Research: State-of-the-art animal research facility and care.
- Computational Research Center: Supporting high-performance computing.
- Research & Sponsored Programs Development
- Pre Award: Proposal Review, Proposal Submissions, Award Negotiations, Sub Award Setup and Negotiations, Amendment Requests, MOU's
- Post Award: PeopleSoft Funding Setup, Invoicing, Financial Reporting, Final Reporting
- Corporate Engagement & Commercialization: Technology transfer for research.
- ND EPSCoR: Increase competitiveness and support statewide STEM research.
- Research Institute for Automous Systems (RIAS): Unmanned systems research and policy.
- Research Compliance & Ethics: IRB, IACUC, IBC, COI, and UASREP.
- Tech Accelerator: Laboratory, training, and office facility for start-ups and economic development.
- Grants & Contracts Administration
Input-output analysis indicates that the economic impact of research awards on Grand Forks County, the state of North Dakota and the North Central Census Region is staggering.
Million in total sponsored research program expenditures
Million dollars in economic impact across North Dakota
UND-research jobs created for the state
Million dollars in local, state, and federal tax revenue