Find ways to get involved with the LGBTQ+ community on campus.
A discussion group for students who identify as trans, non-binary, gender-diverse, or who are questioning. This group is designed to build community, share experiences, and explore identity together.
Queer Connections is a group for first-year LGBTQ+ students to connect them with support and resources. Disucussions and activities are designed to help students throughout their first year at UND.
Gatherings are every Monday at 6pm begining September 12, 2022 in the Pride Center
Pride Activism is a student organization dedicated to providing advocacy and education for the LGBTQIA+ community. Officially starting Fall 2022.
Queer & Trans Alliance
The Queer & Trans Alliance, formerly known as Ten Percent Society, is a student organization that promotes a safe environment for the LGBTQ+ community on campus and great Grand Forks Area. QTA aims to provide education related to understanding and appreciation of differing sexual and gender identities.
UND National Gay Pilots Association
The National Gay Pilots Association (NGPA) is a student organization that promotes and educates on diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the aviation industry. NGPA focuses on networking within the industry in order to form a better understanding of the real problems facing LGBTQ+ aviators and how to find resolutions.
Student volunteers help make our programs a possibility and we love to have them as part of our team! Become a volunteer to help out with our space, activities, and events.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Help spread awareness of the LGBTQ+ community at UND.
- Spend at minimum one hour of your volunteer time each week staffing the Pride Center.
- Assist with tabling events, activities, or events.
- Attend regular meetings to stay up-to-date on volunteer opportunities, community building, and services offered to students.
If interested in volunteering, contact the Pride Center at und.studentdiversity@UND.edu
- March 31: International Transgender Day of Visibility (TDOV)
- April 6: International Asexuality Day
- April 26: Lesbian Visibility Day
- May 17: International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia
- May 19: Agender Pride Day
- May 24: Pansexual & Panromatic Awareness Day
- June: LGBTQ+ Pride Month
- June 12: Pulse Night of Remembrance
- June 28: Stonewall Riots Anniversary
- July 14: International Non-Binary People's Day
- September 23: Bisexuality Awareness Day
- October: LGBTQ History Month
- Third Thursday in October: Spirit Day
- October 11: National Coming Out Day
- Third Wednesday in October: International Pronouns Day
- Last full week in October: Asexual Awareness Week
- October 26: Intersex Awareness Day
- November 20: Transgender Day of Remembrance (TDOR)
- December 1: World AIDS Day