Located along University Avenue in the heart of campus, Johnstone Hall is part of the Johnstone/Fulton/Smith complex.
Johnstone is steps away from Gamble Hall and along the banks of the English Coulee. Built in the Collegiate Gothic style just a few years apart, Johnstone and Fulton Halls combine with Smith Hall to create that classic college look.
New carpet was recently added to these rooms, which feature two closets, movable dressers and built-in desks with lockable drawers. Bathrooms are designed in community clusters, with individual rooms and additional areas with sinks, etc.
Johnstone and Fulton's recently remodeled common areas are some of the best on campus. The TV lounge is great for groups. Separate study and computer rooms are available, as are ping pong and pool tables, kitchenette and laundry facilities.
- Oak bed frame adjusts to various levels including loft height. Beds also bunk. Mattress size is 36" x 80" extra-long twin. See bed frame photos.
- 39-inch full size closets with movable three-drawer dresser
- Wireless and hard-wired internet access in all rooms
- Moveable desk with lockable drawers
- Kitchenette facilities located in Smith Hall
- Free laundry (included in the room and meal plan rate) in Smith Hall
- Study areas on each floor
- 24-hour visitation with escorts needed for guests at all times
Residence hall bathrooms follow a cleaning schedule and are cleaned on an ongoing basis by UND's Building Service Technicians (BSTs). If you live in a hall that has a suite or private bathroom arrangement, you can expect to have the bathroom cleaned approximately once a week.
<Room Number> Johnstone Hall
Grand Forks, ND 58202