Picturesquely located along the banks of the English Coulee, Smith Hall offers some of the best views on campus.
Built in the Collegiate Gothic style, Smith offers community cluster style rooms overlooking sunsets along the coulee, University Avenue and green space in the Johnstone/Fulton/Smith quad.
Smith Hall rooms feature full-size closets, curved moveable desks with lockable drawers and three-drawer cabinets.
Smith Hall has a recently renovated first floor with study and TV lounges and plenty of space for activities. Smith also has an updated kitchen area, laundry facilities and more.
- Wireless and hard-wired internet access in all rooms
- Oak bed frame adjusts to various levels including loft height. Railing and ladder available from hall office. Mattress size is 36" x 80" (extra-long twin). See bed frame photos.
- Full-size closets (45" wide with closet rod shelf on top, 11" by 24") and three-drawer dresser
- Moveable desks with curved front (53" by 41") and lockable drawers
- Kitchenette on lower level of Smith, shared with Johnstone/Fulton residents
- Free laundry (included in the room and meal plan rate)
- Study lounge and microwave on each floor
- 24-hour visitation with escorts needed for guests at all times
Residence hall bathrooms follow a cleaning schedule and are cleaned on an ongoing basis by UND's Building Service Technicians (BSTs). If you live in a hall that has a suite or private bathroom arrangement, you can expect to have the bathroom cleaned approximately once a week.
[Room Number] Smith Hall
Grand Forks, ND 58202