Reserved for students affiliated with a University-sponsored activity that are required to live on campus before August 19, 2023.
As a general rule, students are not allowed to live in the residence halls prior to the official opening dates in the fall unless the student is affiliated with a University-sponsored activity.
Scheduled with University Sponsor
- Requests for early move-in will be coordinated through the appropriate University sponsor (Band, Athletics, International Students, Employees in Wellness Center/Dining, etc.) Please contact your sponsor for early move-in information.
- If you are a member of a campus group that requires early move-in, do NOT sign up for a check-in time block.
- Information about the check-in date and time for your specific group will be sent to your UND email.
- Students will be able to submit an Early Move-in Request using Housing Self Service starting July 10, 2023 at 10 a.m.
- Please note that early move-in is not guaranteed, and we are strongly encouraging students to utilize our Welcome Weekend Check-In process.
- Requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and students will be notified via their UND email address of their Early Move-in Request status.
Early Move-in Details
- Approved students will incur a non-refundable room and meal plan charge per day prior to the start of the Housing and Dining Room and Meal Plan Agreement which begins Saturday, August 19.
- August 11- August 18
- Monday – Friday: 12 – 6 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday: 12 – 6 p.m.
- Rates are as follows:
- Community Style: $42.75
- Noren/Selke: $43.79
- Brannon: $45.11
- McVey/West: $45.79
- Swanson & University Place: $30.00 (no meal plan)
- All requests for an early move-in should be made prior to August 18, assignments will start going out after August 1.
- Early check-in may be refused for any individual who fails to provide prior notice.