Reserved for students affiliated with a University-sponsored activity that is required to live on campus before August 19, 2023.
As a general rule, students are not allowed to live in the residence halls prior to the official opening dates in the fall unless the student is affiliated with a University-sponsored activity.
Scheduled with University Sponsor
- Requests for early move-in will be coordinated through the appropriate University sponsor (Band, Athletics, International Students, Employees in Wellness Center/Dining, etc.) Please contact your sponsor for early move-in information.
- If you are a member of a campus group that requires early move-in, do NOT sign up for a check-in time block.
- Information about the check-in date and time for your specific group will be sent to your UND email.
- Students will be able to submit an Early Move-in Request using Housing Self Service starting July 10, 2023.
- Please note that early move-in is not guaranteed, and we are strongly encouraging students to utilize our Welcome Weekend Check-In process.
- Requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and students will be notified via their UND email address of their Early Move-in Request status.
Early Move-in Details
- Approved students will incur a non-refundable room and meal plan charge per day prior to the start of the Housing and Dining Room and Meal Plan Agreement which begins Saturday, August 19. Rates will be released mid-spring.
- All requests for an early move-in should be made prior to August 18.
- Early check-in may be refused for any individual who fails to provide prior notice.