Welcome Weekend Move-In
Most students will move into the residence halls during Welcome Weekend.
The information below is for students who will be moving on campus for the beginning of the fall semester the weekend before classes start.
Review Move-In Options
- Welcome Weekend Move-In will take place on Saturday, August 24, 2024 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- All students must sign up for a move-in time to help the campus manage traffic and limit congestion.
- The sign-up form will be available online starting July 10.
- Follow the 2023 Stop Drop & Go Map to arrive at the Wellness Center parking lot by Columbia Road or Gateway Drive.
- The 2024 Stop, Drop & Go Map will be available late July 2024 and student's will receive this information in their email.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding your arrival to campus, please contact housing@UND.edu.
Drop & Dash
- If you would like to skip the Stop, Drop & Go lines and help reduce congestion on opening weekend, we're offering Drop & Dash a program. Students have the opportunity to drop belongings off early and return during Welcome Weekend.
- Drop & Dash will be available starting in early August 16 - August 21.
- Sign up for a Drop & Dash time beginning July 8 at 10 a.m.
Unable to Move-In by August 26
If you will be unable to arrive by the first day of classes on August 26, please notify the Housing & Residence Life Office by emailing housing@UND.edu when you intend to check in.
Failure to claim your room assignment does not automatically cancel your agreement.
- Reserved for students affiliated with a University-sponsored activity that is required to live on campus before August 24, 2024.
- As a general rule, students are not allowed to live in the residence halls before the official opening dates in the fall unless the student is affiliated with a University-sponsored activity.
- Requests for an early move-in will be coordinated through the appropriate University sponsor.
- August 16- August 23
- Monday – Friday: 12 – 6 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday: 12 – 6 p.m.
- Sign up for an Early Move-in time beginning July 8 at 10 a.m.
Review Before Move-In Day Information
Please review the steps you should take before move-in day, including our packing guidelines.
Information for Parents, Guardians, and Families
We have compiled information for parents, guardians, and families that includes some tips, and ways that you can show support to your student from afar.
To help prepare incoming students for room and meal plan selection, packing for move-in, and living on campus, we have been sending a weekly newsletter email called Wednesday Weekly.
- WW V1: Your Next Steps
- WW V2: LLC Experience
- WW V3: Meet McVey & West Halls
- WW V4: Meet Noren, Selke & Brannon Halls
- WW V5: Meet Smith Hall
- WW V6: Update Your Application
- WW V7: Look For Your Room Selection Time
- WW V8: Residence Hall History
- WW V9: What to Bring/Not to Bring
- WW V10: Life On Campus
- WW V11: Dormify/Microfridge Rentals
- WW V12: Wellness Center/Counseling Center/Student Health
- WW V13: More Student Services
- WW V14: Packing List and Bathroom Cleaning
- WW V15: Get Connected
- WW V16: Why Live On Campus
- WW V17: Celebrating You
- WW V18: Work for Dining
- WW V19: Dormify and Microfridge Rentals
- WW V20: How Dining Works
- WW V21: Hall Amenities & Services, Suite Cleaning Update
- WW V22: Move-In Reminders & Parking
- WW V23: Move-In Reminders
- WW V24: Meet Grand Forks
- WW V25: Meet the Team
- WW V26: Get Involved On-Campus
- WW V27: Move-In Updates & Reminders
- WW V28: Welcome Weekend