Welcome Weekend Move-In
Most students will move into the residence halls during Welcome Weekend.
The information below is for students who will be moving on campus for the beginning of the fall semester the weekend before classes start.
Review Move-In Options
- Welcome Weekend Move-In will take place on Saturday, August 20, 2022 from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- All students must sign up for a move-in time to help the campus manage traffic and limit congestion.
- The sign-up form will be available online starting July 11, 2022.
- Follow the 2022 Stop Drop & Go Map to arrive at the Wellness Center parking lot by Columbia Road or Gateway Drive.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding your arrival to campus, please contact housing@UND.edu.
Drop & Dash
- If you would like to skip the Stop, Drop & Go lines and help reduce congestion on opening weekend, we're offering Drop & Dash a program. Students have the opportunity to drop belongings off early and return during Welcome Weekend.
- Drop & Dash will be available from early August until August 17, 2022.
- Sign up for a Drop & Dash time beginning July 11, 2022.
Unable to Move-In by August 22
If you will be unable to arrive by the first day of classes on August 22, please notify the Housing & Residence Life Office by emailing housing@UND.edu when you intend to check in.
Failure to claim your room assignment does not automatically cancel your agreement.
- Reserved for students affiliated with a University-sponsored activity that is required to live on campus before August 20, 2022.
- As a general rule, students are not allowed to live in the residence halls before the official opening dates in the fall unless the student is affiliated with a University-sponsored activity.
- Requests for an early move-in will be coordinated through the appropriate University sponsor.
Review Before Move-In Day Information
Please review the steps you should take before move-in day, including our packing guidelines.
Information for Parents, Guardians, and Families
We have compiled information for parents, guardians, and families that includes some tips, and ways that you can show support to your student from afar.
To help prepare incoming students for room and meal plan selection, packing for move-in, and living on campus, we have been sending a weekly newsletter email called Wednesday Weekly. A link to each volume of the Wednesday Weekly emails is below.
- WW V1: Your Next Steps
- WW V2: The LLC Experience
- WW V3: Meet JFS
- WW V4: Meet Brannon, Selke, & Noren Halls
- WW V5: Meet Squires and Walsh-McVey Halls
- WW V6: Reminders for Room Self Selection
- WW V7: Next Steps for Room Selection
- WW V8: How to Select Your Room
- WW V9: Get Connected
- WW V10: Meet Grand Forks
- WW V11: Life On Campus
- WW V12: Celebrating You
- WW V13: Work for Dining
- WW V14: What to Bring/Not Bring
- WW V15: Personalize Your Room
- WW V16: How Dining Works
- WW V17: Hall Amenities & Services
- WW V18: Move-In & Welcome Weekend
- WW V19: Meet the Team
- WW V20: Orientation Follow Up
- WW V21: Move-In Reminders
- WW V22: Get Involved On-Campus
- WW V23: Move-In Reminders