Residence Hall Move-In
Review Move-In Options
- Welcome Weekend Move-In will take place on Saturday, August 21, 2021 from 8 am until 6 pm.
- All students must sign up for a move-in time to help the campus manage traffic and limit congestion.
- The sign-up form will be available online starting at 10:00 am CDT on August 2, 2021.
- Review the Move-In Stop Drop & Go Map for directions on how to arrive at campus for check-in, and how to proceed to your hall Stop Drop & Go zone. All students should arrive at the Wellness Center parking lot by Columbia Road or Gateway Drive.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding your arrival to campus, please contact Housing@UND.edu.
Drop & Dash
- If you would like to skip the Stop, Drop & Go lines and help reduce congestion on opening weekend, we're offering Drop & Dash a program. Students have the opportunity to drop belongings off early and return during Welcome Weekend.
- Drop & Dash is available from August 7 until August 18, 2021.
- Sign up for a Drop & Dash time beginning on July 15, 2021.
Unable to Move-In by August 23
If you will be unable to arrive by the first day of classes on August 23, please notify the Housing Office by emailing housing@UND.edu when you intend to check-in.
Failure to claim your room assignment does not automatically cancel your agreement.
- Reserved for students affiliated with a University-sponsored activity that is required to live on campus before August 21, 2021.
- As a general rule, students are not allowed to live in the residence halls before the official opening dates in the fall unless the student is affiliated with a University-sponsored activity.
- Requests for an early move-in will be coordinated through the appropriate University sponsor.
Review Before Move-In Day Information
Please review the steps you should take before move-in day, including our packing guidelines.
Information for Parents, Guardians, and Families
We have compiled information for parents, guardians, and families that includes some tips, and ways that you can show support to your student from afar.
To help prepare incoming students for room and meal plan selection, packing for move-in, and living on campus, we have been sending a weekly newsletter email called Wednesday Weekly. A link to each volume of the Wednesday Weekly emails is below.
- WW V1: Your Next Steps
- WW V2: The LLC Experience
- WW V3: Walsh Quad
- WW V4: JFS
- WW V5: Noren & Selke
- WW V6: Room Self Selection
- WW V7: Get Connected
- WW V8: Jobs with Dining
- WW V9: What to Bring
- WW V10: Bedding, Carpet, MicroFridge
- WW V11: Dining On Campus
- WW V12: Residence Hall Services
- WW V13: Move-In Information
- WW V14: Director Welcome
- WW V15: Orientation Follow-Up
- WW V16: Move-In Reminders
- WW V17: Get Involved