Sexual or Relationship Violence
UND has campus support and resources if you have experienced sexual or relationship violence.
Report or Not Report an Incident?
- For those who choose to report the incident if desired, the Confidential Campus Advisor will support and assist them through the reporting process and accompany them to meetings or hearings throughout the investigation.
- For those who choose not to report, the Confidential Campus Advisor will facilitate adjustments and accommodations for classes and housing if needed after experiencing trauma.
The Confidential Campus Advisor is available to assist with no contact orders on campus and civil protection orders, if appropriate. The advisor also assists faculty and staff with Title IX concerns and may provide options for reporting or accommodations within the university system.
To schedule a time to meet with Erica, CVIC at UND's Confidential Campus Advisor, please call 701.777.6550 (office) or 701.317.1860 (cell).
How Can We Help?
Something Happened to Me
If someone touches you in a way that’s not okay, or shows you something that makes you feel like you are not safe, you don’t have to keep it a secret. It’s not right, and it's not your fault.
Self-Care After Trauma
Whether it happened recently or years ago, self-care can help you cope with the short- and long-term effects of a trauma like sexual assault.
Help Someone You Care About
There are many ways that you can help a friend or family member who has been affected by sexual violence.
Options to Get Help
In an emergency situation, always call 911. Emergency situations can include a recent threat of violence, recent act of violence or if your safety or someone else’s is in imminent danger.
UND offers options for confidential support. A confidential resource means that information shared is protected by federal and state laws and cannot be shared without your written permission or knowledge.
- CVIC at UND: We are here to listen to you and believe you. Our hope is to provide you with options for your safety, well-being and future.
- University Counseling Center: We provide an outlet to talk about what's on your mind with a professional counselor.
- Student Health Services: We offer general medical care, sexual health care and mental health care services.
UND has non-confidential resources who are required by law to report information that is given to them and take legal, disciplinary or other action.
- Title IX Coordinator: We will take prompt action to eliminate the harassment, prevent its recurrence and address its effects.
- Office of Student Rights & Responsibilities: We coordinate referrals and services for students in crisis or in need.
- University Police: We protect our community and our property at UND.