Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
With UND's Nutrition & Foodservice Professional Training Program offered in an independent study format, you can study to be a Certified Dietary Manager, Certified Food Protection Professional (CDM, CFPP) without leaving your job or sacrificing time with family.
With independent study courses, you can:
- enroll anytime
- take up to 12 months to complete your course
- learn at your own pace
- complete lessons on your own schedule
- pick your preferred time and place for studying
You can work at your own pace from the comfort of your own home. And the best part...You don't have to wait to get started!
What you can expect from the NFP course?
- Offered through distance learning by the University of North Dakota since 1973.
- Approved by the Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals (ANFP).
- Prepares you to pass the CDM Credentialing Exam so you can earn your CDM, CFPP credential.
- Has one of the highest credentialing exam pass rates among all correspondence and online courses.
- Taught by expert instructors who are available to answer your questions via email.
- Available in two independent study formats: online or correspondence by mail.
- The online format requires all assignments be submitted as Microsoft Word documents.
- The online and correspondence by mail formats require that all quizzes and exams are completed online.
- The online and correspondence by mail formats provide the Preceptor's Manual online.
- Requires 120 hours of classroom experience and 150 hours of field experience in an institutional foodservice facility, arranged for by the student with the facility; and monitored by a registered dietitian (RD).
- Provides the services of an off-site RD preceptor from UND (online format ONLY) if an on-site RD preceptor is not available. An additional, non-refundable fee of $350 applies.
- There are no refunds after registering for this course.
You have 12 months to complete your course. To allow for the shipment of your course materials, your 12-month timeline starts 2 weeks after your application is processed, however you're welcome to begin as soon as your materials or email with login information arrives.
If you need more time and have successfully completed Unit 1 (Lessons 1-4 and Exam #1) you are eligible to purchase a 9-month extension for $100 per extension.
If you have not made adequate progress (successful completion of Unit 1 - Lessons 1-4 and Exam #1) and do not purchase an extension prior to your 12-month completion date, your course will be canceled.
You're allowed an extension IF you have successfully completed Unit 1 (Lessons 1-4 and Exam #1). The cost is $100 for a 9 month extension. For more information, please visit the extensions page.