How Online Courses Work
Take self-paced college courses when, where and how you want.
Although you never enter a classroom, your instructor is as close as your phone or email if you have questions or need advice. And the best part you don’t have to wait until the next semester to get started!
Independent Study Courses
With independent study courses, you can:
- Enroll at any time
- Take as little as 3 months to complete your course
- Take up to 9 months to finish
- Learn at your own pace
- Complete lessons/exams on your own schedule
- Pick your preferred time and place for studying
Are Online Courses Right for Me?
Online courses require discipline and commitment. Before enrolling in an online course, ask yourself:
- Do you work well on your own or do you prefer to learn with other students?
- Are you the kind of person who sticks to schedules?
- Do you have good reading comprehension skills?
- Do you have good written communication skills?
- Are you self-motivated? Will you complete the work without anyone there to push you?