Human Anatomy & Physiology Lab II Online Course
Laboratory exploration of human anatomy and physiology through virtual physiology experiments, dissections, human cadaver viewings, and evaluations of self.
Accompanies BIMD 221, and is part of a set with BIMD 220/220L: Human Anatomy & Physiology I/Lab. BIMD 220/L and 221/L may be taken in any order, but you may only take one set at a time.
- BIMD 221
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $370.08 per credit
About the Human Anatomy & Physiology Online Courses
BIMD 220L (1 credit) and BIMD 221L (1 credit) accompany their 3 credit lecture components, creating a complete 8 credit survey of the anatomy and physiology of the major human organ systems and the foundational concepts required to understand them. The labs focus on quantitative literacy, histology, and dissection.
These courses use a badge progression model, which is a method of gamification for learning. Content of these courses is divided into easily identifiable units called badges. By completing BIMD 220 and 220L, 221 and 221L students work their way through 14 content badges that represent all the major body systems. Students will always complete the Course/Set 1 topics first, regardless of which course they register for.
Course/Set 1 Topics
Course/Set 2 Topics
Students will be awarded badges by UND’s Teaching Transformation and Development Academy (TTaDA) via an email sent to their official UND email account. They will be asked to accept this badge, which will give them a permanent Acclaim account where they have URL they can include in their CVs/Resumes or share their badges to various social media outlets.
What can I expect in each lesson?
Students have 3 to 9 months to complete this course from the time of enrollment. You may work at your own pace and complete lessons on your own schedule, submitting up to three items per week for grading. Each content badge will consist of the following elements located in TopHat and Blackboard:
- AnatomyTV – These lab activities use a 3D modeled anatomy software program that is free for students with their UND log in. Students will be asked questions about relevant anatomy on images of dissected cadaver and asked to create images with this 3D model software
- Histology Labs – These lab activities will ask students to review series of labeled histology images before asking them questions about relevant microanatomy
- Biometric Data Labs – These lab activities will focus on quantitative literacy. Students will track their own physiological data or use existing data sets to further their understanding of physiological concepts. Relevant primary literature will also be incorporated.
- Dissection Labs – These lab activities consist of remote dissections of various mammalian organ systems. They are safe for students to complete in their home kitchens. Students will be asked to submit images of their dissection in progress.
- Badge Reflections – Students should complete these brief reflections in the Blackboard after they have completed all the assignments in TopHat, but before completing the badge test.
- Tests – After completing everything else for each badge students should take the tests in Blackboard. Tests consist of 29 multiple choice or similar style questions are 1 essay question. Exams are proctored using YuJa with Respondus LockDown Browser.
Required Textbook and Materials
These courses use TopHat and Blackboard. TopHat works through a student-paid subscription service. Students will be required to create an account and purchase a subscription to TopHat. Additional information is in the course syllabus and in Blackboard.
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.