Content Creation for Social Media Online Course
UND's social media course focuses on writing, creating and curating professional content for social media platforms.
- Comm 200 , or with the instructor's consent
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
What You'll Learn in the Social Media Content Creation Online Course?
It takes skill and hard work to use social media to engage users, build a brand or delivery news and information. When you are finished with this course, you will have an understanding of what it takes to create effective content for the growing - and ever changing - world of social media.
The course consists of 12 lessons, which includes lesson assignments, a mid-term exam and a final content campaign assignment. The online social media course has three overarching elements:
- Course Materials (textbooks and lectures): Read the indicated chapters in the text(s), along with any supplemental online materials. Watch the associated lecture(s) and take notes.
- Essay Questions: You will be assigned one or two essay questions in each lesson. Your answers to these questions should include both cited content from the course materials and your own thoughts regarding the topic presented.
- Creating Social Media Content: You will create and post your own content for each lesson. Your instructor will point you toward a topic that relates to the lesson’s overall theme (which will in itself be related to the textbook, lecture etc.). The course instructor will also provide you with a goal, but will leave the specifics up to you. You will need to provide a screenshot of the social media post along with a link to the Blogger entry containing the rest of the content (when there is additional content, which will happen often).
Social Media Online Course Requirements
Mobile and Social Media Journalism (Adornato) ISBN-13: 978-1506357140
Inbound Content: A Step-By-Step Guide to Doing Content Marketing the Inbound Way (Champion). ISBN-13: 978-1119488958
You will be required to have the following social media profiles: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. You will also need to have a Blogger account and an account on YouTube. These are all free and you don’t need to use them for anything other than this course.
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.