UND's Communication Internship course allows you to develop your communication skills in a professional setting.
This course is open to major and non-majors. If your internship proposal is approved, the instructor will send instructions on how to register for the course.
- 1 to 3 (each credit hour is equal to 50 internship hours)
- Students must secure an approved internship prior to enrollment. Instructor's consent required.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 months
- $384.88 per credit
Why Take This Communication Internship Course?
College students in any major can benefit from developing their oral and written communication skills. This course offers you the chance to become a better communicator in a professional setting that matches your future academic or career goals.
The course itself is divided into three sections:
- Complete a brief online training course.
- Create five internship goals.
- Register with Handshake, UND’s Career Services internship website.
2. Communication Internship
- Track your internship hours.
- Evaluate your strengths and improvement areas through a written mid-term evaluation.
- Receive feedback from your internship supervisor about your progress.
- Complete a final written self-evaluation.
- Receive feedback from your employer about your experiences.
You have 3-9 months to complete the internship hours.
How do I secure a communication internship?
You can search for internships through a variety of online resources, or you can create your own opportunity. The possibilities are endless! Here are a few ideas:
Current employer: Ask your supervisor if you can develop an ongoing campaign to promote your organization through traditional and new media platforms.
New Opportunities: Approach a new organization in your preferred career field. Can you assist with their outreach programs (i.e. representing the company at trade shows)? Can you redevelop their website? How can you use your personal strengths to tailor an internship?
Online Resources: Check out the UND Career Services website for internship opportunities and more!
How can I submit my internship proposal for approval?
Before you enroll in COMM 497, Angela Cary, internship coordinator, must approve your internship. You can address any questions to email@example.com
Please complete this form to submit your internship proposal for approval.
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.