Elements of Economics
Our economics online course provides a survey of economic principles for students planning no further formal study of economics.
- None (Course not available to students in the UND Nistler College of Business & Public Administration)
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
Why take Elements of Economics online?
The goal of this online course is to give you an understanding of the theories of individual families and businesses and how government policy affects the way they conduct their economic affairs.
The online course will:
- Present an analysis of factors influencing aggregate levels of output, employment and prices
- Introduce you to the U.S. monetary system
- Discuss price determination and resource allocation under competitive and monopolistic conditions
Objectives of the course:
- Review selected economic issues
- Recognize and appreciate economics as a study of human behavior
- Understand and be able to logically apply economic principles to real-world, real-time situations
- Recognize different kinds of economic systems and how they address the questions any economic system must answer
- Recognize the role and functions of government in our economic system.
- Develop an awareness of the global economy
What is required to take this online course?
Colander, David C. Economics. 6th ed. New York: McGraw-Hill Irwin, 2006. ISBN: 978-0-0-7322297-4.
How long will it take to complete the Elements of Economics course?
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- 15 Lessons
- 3 Proctored Exams
Assignments will include quizzes, written assignments, and exams.
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.