Introduction to Geology Online College Course
Our Introduction to Geology online college course explains the dynamics of the Earth including volcanoes, earthquakes, plate tectonics, streams, groundwater, glaciers, waves, wind and landslides.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take Introduction to Geology online?
Introduction to Geology is designed to help you develop a good knowledge of geology. Through independent study, you will be guided through the important aspects of geology and provided with abundant exercises to gauge your progress.
- An Introduction to Physical Geology
- Matters and Minerals
- Igneous Rocks and Volcanic Activity
- Weathering, Soils and Sedimentary Rocks
- Metamorphic Rocks
- EXAM 1
- Geologic Time
- Mass Wasting
- Running Water
- Glaciers and Glaciation
- EXAM 2
- Crustal Deformation
- Plate Tectonics
- EXAM 3
Objectives for this online course include:
- Demonstrate mastery of the principles, concepts and terminology of the science of geology.
- Understand the relevance of geological principles, concepts and terminology to the world of today.
What is required to take this online course?
Tarbuck, E. J., & Lutgens, F. K. (2011). Earth: An Introduction to Physical Geology (10th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall. ISBN 978-0-321-66304-7.
How long will it take to complete the Introduction to Geology course?
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
Each lesson contains an overview, required reading, lesson objectives, key vocabulary, instructional notes, chapter review, assignment (primarily of short-answer questions) and practice quiz.
- 14 Lessons
- 3 Proctored Exams
How will the Introduction to Geology course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, or you may be able to complete in as little as 3 months. The credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind, UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
Why choose the University of North Dakota?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable - UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited - UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits from UND - The transfer of credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. Enroll anytime courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as on-campus and online semester-based courses appear.
Enroll-anytime courses allow you to complete the course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take this online quiz to help determine if enroll anytime courses are the right fit for you.
*Course information, including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.