Introduction to Geology Online College Course
Our Introduction to Geology online college course explains the dynamics of the Earth including volcanoes, earthquakes, plate tectonics, streams, groundwater, glaciers, waves, wind and landslides.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take Introduction to Geology online course?
Introduction to Geology is designed to help you develop a good knowledge of geology. Through independent study, you will be guided through the important aspects of geology and provided with abundant exercises to gauge your progress.
What you'll learn in the Introduction to Geology course?
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 14 lessons and 3 proctored exams.
Each lesson contains an overview, required reading, lesson objectives, key vocabulary, instructional notes, chapter review, assignment (primarily of short-answer questions) and practice quiz.
- An Introduction to Physical Geology
- Matters and Minerals
- Igneous Rocks and Volcanic Activity
- Weathering, Soils and Sedimentary Rocks
- Metamorphic Rocks
- EXAM 1
- Geologic Time
- Mass Wasting
- Running Water
- Glaciers and Glaciation
- EXAM 2
- Crustal Deformation
- Plate Tectonics
- EXAM 3
Objectives for this online geology course include:
- Demonstrate mastery of the principles, concepts and terminology of the science of geology.
- Understand the relevance of geological principles, concepts and terminology to the world of today.
What is required to take the geology online course?
Tarbuck, E. J., & Lutgens, F. K. (2011). Earth: An Introduction to Physical Geology (10th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall. ISBN 978-0-321-66304-7.
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.