First Year German II Online College Course
UND's German II online course provides a continued study of the fundamentals of German grammar, oral use of the language and reading of easy German.
- German 101
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $370.08 per credit
Why take First Year German II online?
German 102 is a beginning online course that assumes you have had an introduction to the basic elements of the language, including German verbs in the present tense and the nominative and accusative cases. You will develop competence in the four basic language skills:
You will also learn about elements of German culture that you might encounter on a trip abroad. Most of the material learned and topics discussed will be drawn from Chapters 4-6 of Deutsch: Na Klar!
In this online course, students work toward an A1 level in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. This level of proficiency enables students to conduct common social interactions in German, as necessary for short-term educational travel and tourism. This online course prepares students for more advanced coursework.
During the semester, students will learn to:
- Introduce themselves in conversation and answer simple personal questions, and make and respond to common requests from typical daily conversation situations.
- Understand simple questions, instructions and statements about everyday situations, as well as short conversations.
- Read short German texts and extract specific information.
- Write short essays on personal topics and fill out simple forms correctly.
- Describe some of the basic elements of culture and society in German-speaking Europe.
What is required to take this online course?
Di Donato, Clyde and Vansant. Deutsch: Na Klar! 7th ed. (2015). ISBN 978-1259290862.
McGraw-Hill Course URL: connect.mheducation.com/class/j-green-german-102-ol
How long will it take to complete the First Year German II course?
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- 27 Lessons consisting of:
How will the First Year German II course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.