Calculus I Online College Course
Our calculus online course covers limits, continuity, differentiation, Mean Value Theorem, integration and Fundamental Theorem of Calculus.
Course revised September 2019.
- Math 112, OR completion of Math 107 with a grade of a C or better, OR Math Placement Exam score
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take Calculus I online?
This online course in math covers topics typical for a Calculus I course. The main topics covered are limits, differentiation, using derivates to solve problems and an introduction to integration.
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 24 lessons and 3 proctored exams.
Lessons for this online course include:
- Velocities and Tangent Lines
- Guessing Limits Numerically
- The Limit Laws
- Derivatives and Rates of Change
- The Derivative as a Function
- Differentiation Formulas and Derivatives of Trigonometric Functions
- The Chain Rule
- Implicit Differentiation
- Related Rates Problems
- Linear Approximation
- Maximum and Minimum Values
- The Mean Value Theorem and How Derivatives Affect the Shapes of Graphs
- Limits at Infinity and Horizontal Asymptotes
- Summary of Curve Sketching
- Optimization Problems
- Areas and Distances
- The Definite Integral
- The Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
- The Substitution Rule
- Areas Between Curves
- Volumes by Cylindrical Shells
What is required to take this online course?
Hartman, Gregory, Ph.D. (2019). APEX Calculus I Late Transcendentals (Version 3.1). This is a free textbook and there is no ISBN. The textbook is available for download within the Blackboard course.
How will the Calculus I course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, or you may be able to complete in as little as 3 months. The credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind, UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
Why choose the University of North Dakota?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable - UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited - UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits from UND - The transfer of credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. Enroll anytime courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as on-campus and online semester-based courses appear.
Enroll-anytime courses allow you to complete the course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take this online quiz to help determine if enroll anytime courses are the right fit for you.
*Course information, including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.