Calculus I Online College Course
UND's calculus online course covers limits, continuity, differentiation, Mean Value Theorem, integration and Fundamental Theorem of Calculus.
|Math 165: Calculus I
|4 undergraduate credits
|MATH 112, OR completion of MATH 107 with a grade of a C or better, OR the required Math Placement Exam score
|Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
|Tuition is $384.88 per credit. Visit the Costs & Aid page regarding additional costs.
Why Take the Calculus I Online Course?
This online math course covers topics typical for a Calculus I college course. The main topics covered are limits, differentiation, using derivates to solve problems and an introduction to integration.
Calculus I Online Course Lessons
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 24 lessons and 3 proctored exams, proctored by ProctorU Live+.
- Velocities and Tangent Lines
- Guessing Limits Numerically
- The Limit Laws
- Derivatives and Rates of Change
- The Derivative as a Function
- Differentiation Formulas and Derivatives of Trigonometric Functions
- The Chain Rule
- Implicit Differentiation
- Related Rates Problems
- Linear Approximation
- Maximum and Minimum Values
- The Mean Value Theorem and How Derivatives Affect the Shapes of Graphs
- Limits at Infinity and Horizontal Asymptotes
- Summary of Curve Sketching
- Optimization Problems
- Areas and Distances
- The Definite Integral
- The Fundamental Theorem of Calculus
- The Substitution Rule
- Areas Between Curves
- Volumes by Cylindrical Shells
The course syllabus provides the course description and objectives, lesson topics, assignment information, grading criteria, and more.
Free Calculus I Textbook
Hartman, Gregory, Ph.D. (2019). APEX Calculus I Late Transcendentals (Version 3.1). This is a free textbook and there is no ISBN. The textbook is available for download within the Blackboard course.
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.