Introduction to Linear Algebra Online College Course
Study the treatment of systems of linear equations, finite dimensional vector spaces, linear transformations, determinants, matrices, eigenvalues, eigenvectors and diagonalizability.
- MATH 165
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take Introduction to Linear Algebra 0nline?
This is an introductory online math course with an emphasis on computation rather than proof. For the purposes of this online course, the computations will be done by hand, which is a necessary first step in understanding how they are done.
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 12 lessons and 3 proctored exams. The lessons consist of readings from the text and notes by the instructor, a set of suggested exercises from the text which are for practice and not for submission, and a problem set which is to be submitted as homework. The first two exams cover material in the preceding lessons, while the final exam covers all material presented in the course.
In the Introduction to Linear Algebra online course you will learn:
- How to solve systems of linear equations by several methods
- About the rules of arithmetic for matrices and vectors, including computing determinants and matrix inverses
- How to find an LU-factorization for certain matrices
- About the ideas of vector spaces and subspaces
- How to compute eigenvalues and eigenvectors of matrices
Linear Algebra Online Course Textbook
Larson, Ron. (2012). Elementary Linear Algebra (7th ed). ISBN 1133110878
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.
The Introduction to Linear Algebra online course revised September 2019.