Introduction to Linear Algebra Online College Course
Study the treatment of systems of linear equations, finite dimensional vector spaces, linear transformations, determinants, matrices, eigenvalues, eigenvectors and diagonalizability.
|Course Title||Math 207: Introduction to Linear Algebra|
|Credits||2 undergraduate credits|
|Prerequisite||MATH 165: Calculus I|
|Format||Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime|
|Cost||Tuition is $384.88 per credit. Visit the Costs & Aid page regarding additional costs.|
Why take Introduction to Linear Algebra 0nline?
This is an introductory online math course with an emphasis on computation rather than proof. For the purposes of this online course, the computations will be done by hand, which is a necessary first step in understanding how they are done.
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 12 lessons and 3 proctored exams using ProctorU Live+. The lessons consist of readings from the text and notes by the instructor, a set of suggested exercises from the text which are for practice and not for submission, and a problem set which is to be submitted as homework. The first two exams cover material in the preceding lessons, while the final exam covers all material presented in the course.
In the Introduction to Linear Algebra online course you will learn:
- How to solve systems of linear equations by several methods
- About the rules of arithmetic for matrices and vectors, including computing determinants and matrix inverses
- How to find an LU-factorization for certain matrices
- About the ideas of vector spaces and subspaces
- How to compute eigenvalues and eigenvectors of matrices
The course syllabus provides the course description and objectives, lesson topics, assignment information, grading criteria, and more.
Linear Algebra Online Course Textbook
Larson, Ron. (2012). Elementary Linear Algebra (7th ed). ISBN 1133110878
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.