Elementary Differential Equations Online College Course
UND's differential equations online course covers the solution of elementary differential equations by elementary techniques.
|Course Title||Math 266: Elementary Differential Equations|
|Credits||3 undergraduate credits|
|Prerequisite||MATH 265: Calculus III and proficiency in a programming language|
|Format||Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime|
|Cost||Tuition is $384.88 per credit. Visit the Costs & Aid page regarding additional costs.|
Why Take the Elementary Differential Equations Online Course?
This course covers methods of finding solutions to the First Order and second order differential equations. Laplace transforms is introduced to solve initial value problems when a forcing function with jump discontinuity is involved. The theory of linear systems is discussed in normal form and present matrix methods for solving such systems.
Students have 3 to 9 months to complete this course from the time of enrollment. You may work at your own pace and complete lessons on your own schedule, submitting up to three items per week for grading. This course consists of 4 units divided into a total of 24 lessons, including four exams. The exams are proctored using ProctorU Live+ as the proctoring method. The lesson topics include:
- Solutions and Initial Value Problems
- Geometrical or Graphical Consideration (Isoclines)
- Separable Equations
- Linear First Order Differential Equations
- Exact Differential Equations
- Homogeneous Linear Equations
- Auxiliary Equations with Complex Roots
- Method of Undetermined Coefficients
- Superposition and Nonhomogeneous Equations
- Variation of Parameters
- Variable coefficient equations
- Laplace Transforms
- Properties of the Laplace Transforms
- Inverse Laplace Transform and Solving Initial Value Problems
- Transforms of Discontinuous and Periodic Functions and Convolutions
- Matrices and Vectors
- Linear Systems
- Homogeneous Linear System with Constant Coefficients
- Complex Eigenvalues
- Nonhomogeneous Linear Systems
Each lesson (except for the exams) contains lesson objectives and to-do list, Instructional notes<, a brief introductory lecture, and an assessment.
The course syllabus provides the course description and objectives, lesson topics, assignment information, grading criteria, and more.
Elementary Differential Equations Course Requirements
The textbook and student solutions manual are both required for this course.
Nagle, R. K., Saff, E. B., & Snider, A. D. (2018). Fundamentals of Differential Equations (9th Edition) Pearson Publishing.
- ISBN 13: 978-0-321-97706-9
- We will be covering chapters 1, 2, 4, 7, and 9.
Student's Solutions Manual for Fundamentals of Differential Equations 8e and Fundamentals of Differential Equations and Boundary Value Problems 6e 6th edition
- ISBN-13: 9780321748348
- ISBN-10: 03217488344
- Victor Maymeskul
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.