Algebra Prep II Online College Course
Our algebra II prep online course continues the development of the fundamental skills required for the successful completion of studies in college level mathematics courses.
This course is closed to new enrollments.
- Placement by appropriate ACT Math sub-score or Math Placement Exam score
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take Algebra Prep II online?
This online course continues the development of the fundamental skills required for the successful completion of studies in college level mathematics courses. Topics include the solutions of linear equations and inequalities, formula manipulation, Cartesian geometry and the graphing of linear equations and inequalities, systems of equations, and an introduction to functions. Study skills will be incorporated throughout the course. Credit earned does not count toward any degree, nor does it transfer.
This online course is the first of a two course sequence designed to prepare you for College Algebra. For this online course, you will need to be familiar with the arithmetic operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Arithmetic skills will be briefly reviewed in the first lesson. You should also have had at least an introduction to algebra. For example, what is the value of x if x + 2 = 7? This online course serves as the prerequisite to the second course in this sequence, Math 93.
The main topics in Math 92 are:
- a brief review of arithmetic
- working with linear equations
- working with linear inequalities
- manipulating formulas
- the Cartesian coordinate system
- systems of linear equations
- function notation
There are three keys to success in algebra:
- More practice
- And most important, even more practice
What is required to take this online course?
The text for this online course is the open source text Beginning and Intermediate Algebra by Tyler Wallace.
This text is available for free download and is also available at the Blackboard site for this course. A Students Solution Manual, with step by step solutions to all odd numbered problems in the text, is also freely available.
How long will it take to complete the Algebra Prep II course?
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete:
- 12 Lessons
- 3 Proctored Exams
For students living outside of the United States, exams conducted in other countries must be administered ONLY at an English-speaking testing center or learning center.
How will the Algebra Prep II course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.