Algebra Prep III
Learn the skills needed to successfully complete algebra in college by taking the Algebra Prep online course.
This course is closed to new enrollments.
- Math 092 or placement by appropriate ACT Math sub-score or Math Placement Exam score
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
What will I learn in the Algebra Prep online college course?
Learn exponents and radicals, algebraic manipulation involving polynomial and rational forms, and unit analysis.
The Algebra Prep III online course is the second of a two course sequence designed to prepare you for college algebra. For this online course, you will need to be familiar with the contents of the first four chapters of the course text. These chapters are covered in Math 92. The Algebra Prep III course serves as the prerequisite for Math 103, College Algebra.
- radials and exponents
- arithmetic with polynomials
- arithmetic with rational expressions
- unit analysis
How do I take the online Algebra Prep class at UND?
Practice is the key to success in learning college algebra. Study skills will be incorporated throughout the course. Credit earned does not count towards any degree, nor does it transfer.
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 12 lessons and three proctored exams. For students living outside of the United States, exams conducted in other countries must be administered ONLY at an English-speaking testing center or learning center.
Which textbook is required?
The text for the Algebra Prep III online course is the open source text Beginning and Intermediate Algebra by Tyler Wallace. This text is available for free download and is also available at the Blackboard site for this course. A Students Solution Manual, with step by step solutions to all odd numbered problems in the text, is also freely available.
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.