Algebra Prep III
Learn the skills needed to successfully complete algebra in college by taking the Algebra Prep online course.
This course is closed to new enrollments.
- Math 092 or placement by appropriate ACT Math sub-score or Math Placement Exam score
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
What will I learn in the Algebra Prep online college course?
Learn exponents and radicals, algebraic manipulation involving polynomial and rational forms, and unit analysis.
The Algebra Prep III online course is the second of a two course sequence designed to prepare you for college algebra. For this online course, you will need to be familiar with the contents of the first four chapters of the course text. These chapters are covered in Math 92. The Algebra Prep III course serves as the prerequisite for Math 103, College Algebra.
- radials and exponents
- arithmetic with polynomials
- arithmetic with rational expressions
- unit analysis
How do I take the online Algebra Prep class at UND?
Practice is the key to success in learning college algebra. Study skills will be incorporated throughout the course. Credit earned does not count towards any degree, nor does it transfer.
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 12 lessons and three proctored exams. For students living outside of the United States, exams conducted in other countries must be administered ONLY at an English-speaking testing center or learning center.
Which textbook is required?
The text for the Algebra Prep III online course is the open source text Beginning and Intermediate Algebra by Tyler Wallace. This text is available for free download and is also available at the Blackboard site for this course. A Students Solution Manual, with step by step solutions to all odd numbered problems in the text, is also freely available.
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, or you may be able to complete in as little as 3 months. The credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind, UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
Why choose the University of North Dakota?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable - UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited - UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits from UND - The transfer of credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. Enroll anytime courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as on-campus and online semester-based courses appear.
Enroll-anytime courses allow you to complete the course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take this online quiz to help determine if enroll anytime courses are the right fit for you.
*Course information, including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.