Rock and Roll History II Online Course
From 1975 to the Present.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
About MUSC 202: Rock and Roll History II
Rock and Roll History II surveys the major styles, periods, and influence-streams that make up the extremely large and varied category of “Rock” music. The focus of this course is on English-language mainstream popular music produced between 1975 to the present.
Students have 3 to 9 months to complete 9 lessons which include two proctored exams. There are also two song presentation assignments and one concert report. Lessons contain instructor videos, listening worksheets and song presentations. By the end of the course students will have a greater understanding of where this music came from historically, what it is doing musically, and how it was created technologically.
If you like this course, consider taking the companion course, MUSC 201: Rock and Roll History I - from World War II to 1975.
Required Textbook and Materials
- Covach, John and Andrew Flory. What's That Sound? An Introduction to Rock and its History. 4th ed. Norton, 2015. ISBN: 978-0393937251
- Spotify music player (free download from spotify.com)
- To film video assignments, students may use a computer with a webcam or a mobile device.
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.