Human Sexuality Online Course
Explore the anatomical, physiological, behavioral, social, and cultural aspects of human sexuality in this online course.
- Psyc 111: Introduction to Psychology
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 months
- $370.08 per credit
What Will I Learn in the Human Sexuality Online Course?
Human sexuality is often a difficult topic to address in our society. Our treatment of sexual subjects is very different from our treatment of other topics pertaining to human behavior. As such, one outcome of this online course will be for you to increase your comfort level in expressing, inquiring and learning about sex.
Human sexuality is a multifaceted topic. All aspects of human existence seem to be pertinent to any discussion of sex. To understand human sexuality, one must understand its biological aspects, psychological aspects, social/cultural aspects, and moral or spiritual/religious aspects. Discussions of sexuality can and should include information about anatomy, physiology, gender roles, sexual identity, love, interpersonal relationships, social/cultural factors as revealed in community standards and laws, and moral/spiritual/religious effects on sexuality.
In this online course you will learn about a variety of issues pertinent to human sexuality. Many of these topics will be quite sensitive, meaning they might embarrass people, they might be at odds with someone's personal/religious values, or they might be considered abnormal, sick or sinful by some people.
The goal of this online course is to acquaint you with the multifaceted aspects of human sexuality, and to help you increase your understanding of how human sexuality is influenced by and influences so many other parts of our lives. Through this course you may become more aware of your own unique human sexuality; meaning, that you understand the biological, psychological, social, and cultural influences on your sexual feelings, attitudes/values and behaviors.
Human Sexuality Online Course Requirements
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 22 lessons and 3 proctored exams. Each lesson includes assigned readings from the textbook, a narrated PowerPoint lecture, a learning activity, a short essay assignment and a mastery quiz. The exams consist of mostly multiple-choice questions with some true/false questions also included. Each exam will cover the material presented in the lessons.
Lessons in the Human Sexuality Course
- Understanding Human Sexuality
- Human Sexuality Science and Research
- Sex as a Commercial and Economic Factor in the World
- Women's Sexual Anatomy
- Women's Sexual Physiology, and Disorders of the Sexual and Reproductive Organs
- Men's Sexual Anatomy
- Men's Sexual Physiology, and Disorders of the Sexual and Reproductive Organs
- Conception and Prenatal Development
- Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Sexuality in Childhood and Development of Gender Identity and Gender Roles
- Sexual Arousal Physiology and Response
- Attraction and Love
- Sexual Orientation
- Adolescent Sexual Activity
- Adult Relationships and Sexuality
- Adult Sexual Behavior
- Atypical Sexual Variations
- Sexual Coercion
- Contraception and Abortion
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Sexuality in Later Adulthood
- Sexual Dysfunctions
Human Sexuality Textbook
Rathus, S.A. Nevid, J., & Fichner-Rathus, L. (2018) Human Sexuality in a Changing World (10th ed.), New York, Pearson
It is possible to use the 8th, 9th, or 10th edition of this textbook. The name of this textbook changed between the 9th and 10th editions. Any of the three editions will meet students’ needs and may be purchased for use in this course.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.