Developmental Psychology Online Course
Survey the psychological development of human life in this online psychology course.
- Psyc 111: Introduction to Psychology
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 months
- $384.88 per credit
About the Developmental Psychology Online Course
This online college course is a survey of the psychology of human life span development including intellectual, social and emotional aspects of the normal individual and emphasizing childhood and adolescent development.
At the end of this online psychology course, you will be a more sophisticated child watcher. That is, the material of the course will broaden your perspective on children and allow you to observe, interpret and enjoy the behavior of children from a more knowledgeable and richer perspective.
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 15 lessons and 5 proctored exams.
Developmental Psychology Online Course Topics
- Introduction to Developmental Psychology and Its Research Strategies
- Hereditary Influences On Development
- Prenatal Development, Birth, and Newborns’ Readiness for Life
- Perceptual Development
- Learning and Learning Principles
- Cognitive Development: Piaget's Theory and Vygotsky's Sociocultural Viewpoint
- Cognitive Development: Information Processing Perspectives
- Intelligence: Measuring Mental Performance
- Development of Language and Communication Skills
- Emotional Development, Temperament And Attachment
- Development Of The Self And Social Cognition
- Sex Differences And Sex-Role Development
- Aggression, Altruism, And Moral Development
- Effects of Parenting & The Family on Development
- Childhood Psychopathology
- Aging-Cognitive & Social Changes
Required Developmental Psychology Textbook
Sigelman, Carol K. & Rider, Elizabeth A. Life-Span Human Development 9e. Cengage Learning, 2018.
- ISBN -978-1-337-10073-1 student edition
- ISBN- 978-1-337-10075-5 Loose-leaf edition
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.