Health Psychology Online Course
A biopsychosocial approach is used to examine basic concepts, theories, and research in health psychology from the perspectives of the patient, caregiver, health care provider, and researcher.
|PSYC 335: Health Psychology
|3 undergraduate credits
|Psyc 111: Introduction to Psychology
|Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
|Tuition is $384.88 per credit. Visit the Costs & Aid page regarding additional costs.
What will I learn in the Health Psychology course?
In this online course, we examine the central issues, concepts, theories and research in health psychology from various perspectives including the patient, health care provider, caregiver, and researcher. You will develop a critical appreciation of the implications and applications of health psychology and the Biopsychosocial Model to health & health care in real life, including your own life.
You have 3 to 9 months to complete this course from the time of enrollment. You may work at your own pace and complete lessons on your own schedule, submitting up to three items per week for grading. This course contains 18 lessons including 4 proctored exams that are designed to focus your study of Health Psychology and to assist you in achieving the course learning objectives. You will work through a combination of required readings, recorded lectures, assignments, and exams. Each lesson contains learning objectives, a to-do list, required reading, and a video with supporting materials. Lesson topics include:
- Introduction to Health Psychology
- Research in Health Psychology
- Theories of Health Behavior
- Understanding Stress
- Managing Stress
- Injury and Injury Prevention
- Substance Use & Abuse
- Obesity & Disordered Eating
- Chronic Illness
- Leading Causes of Mortality
- Terminal Illness & Bereavement
- Managing Health Care
- Future Directions of Health Psychology
Which textbook is required for this online course?
Sanderson, C. A. Health Psychology: Understanding the Mind-Body Connection (3rd ed.) ISBN: 9781506373713
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.