Social Psychology Online Course
Examine basic concepts, theories, and research in social psychology, focusing on individual individual behavior in its social context: how the individual acts upon the social environment, and interacts with other individuals.
- Psyc 111
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $384.88 per credit
Why take the Social Psychology online course?
The purpose of PSYC361: Social Psychology is to gain an understanding of what “social psychologists do!” To accomplish this, you will be shown the kinds of research questions that social psychologists ask (e.g., “Why does advertising work so well?” or “Why do mob riots occur?”).
Social psychologists try to figure out how the environment affects our behavior, and how our behavior affects our environment. To figure out the answers to these questions, social psychologists use a wide variety of research techniques, which you also will learn about.
You will learn about the classic experiments performed by famous social psychologists, who asked questions like “Why did the Nazis do what they did?” and “Why do we believe one thing and do another?”
Finally, by learning about the research questions and how social psychologists try to answer them, you will be able to see how various psychological concepts apply in your own lives.
Students have 3 to 9 months to complete this course from the time of enrollment. You may work at your own pace and complete lessons on your own schedule, submitting up to three items per week for grading. This course contains 17 lessons designed to assist you in achieving the course learning objectives. You will work through a combination of required readings, recorded lectures, assignments, and four exams proctored by ProctorU Auto.
Lesson topics include:
- Introduction to Social Psychology
- The Self in the Social World
- Social Beliefs & Judgments
- Behavior & Attitudes
- Genes, Culture & Gender
- Group Influence
- Attraction & Intimacy
- Conflict & Peacemaking
What is required to take this online course?
Social Psychology (14th Edition) David G. Meyers & Jean M. Twenge (McGraw-Hill)
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.