Study research on individual behavior in its social context – how the individual acts upon the social environment, and interacts with other individuals.
- Psyc 111
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
What will I learn in the Social Psychology online course?
The purpose of PSYC361: Social Psychology is to gain an understanding of what “social psychologists do!” To accomplish this, you will be shown the kinds of research questions that social psychologists ask (e.g., “Why does advertising work so well?” or “Why do mob riots occur?”).
Social psychologists try to figure out how the environment affects our behavior, and how our behavior affects our environment. To figure out the answers to these questions, social psychologists use a wide variety of research techniques, which you also will learn about.
You will learn about the classic experiments performed by famous social psychologists, who asked questions like “Why did the Nazis do what they did?” and “Why do we believe one thing and do another?”
Finally, by learning about the research questions and how social psychologists try to answer them, you will be able to see how various psychological concepts apply in your own lives.
How long will it take to complete the Introduction to Criminal Justice course?
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 11 lessons and two proctored exams.
Each assignment contains a combination of multiple-choice questions and a journal entry. The journal entries or “logs” will represent how a social psychological concept reflects a real-world experience.
Lesson topics include:
- What is Social Psychology?
- Research Methods in Social Psychology
- Attribution Theory
- Social Cognition
- Attitudes and Behavior
- Conformity and Obedience
- Group Influence
What is required to take this online course?
David Myers and Jean Twenge (2016). Social Psychology, 12th ed. Boston, MA: McGraw-Hill College
ISBN 10: 0077861973 or ISBN 13: 9780077861971
How will the Social Psychology course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, or you may be able to complete in as little as 3 months. The credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind, UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
Why choose the University of North Dakota?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable - UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited - UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits from UND - The transfer of credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. Enroll anytime courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as on-campus and online semester-based courses appear.
Enroll-anytime courses allow you to complete the course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take this online quiz to help determine if enroll anytime courses are the right fit for you.
*Course information, including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.