History and Systems of Psychology
Consider the historical background and development of problem areas in psychology, and a survey of contemporary psychological theories in this online course.
- Psyc 303
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $370.08 per credit
Why take the History and Systems of Psychology course?
The purpose of this online college course is to provide an overview of the history and systems of psychology. This course explores the roots of modern psychological thought and methodology. We will trace these roots from their origins in philosophy and the natural sciences through the early schools of psychology and into its current form. This course also examines the lives and works of the men and women whose work created psychology's foundation.
What will I learn in this online psychology course?
By the end of this online course, it is expected that you will be able to:
- Name and describe the major systems of psychology.
- Identify significant figures within each system and describe their contributions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the philosophical ideas from which the discipline of psychology arose.
- Describe the current state of psychology and explain why some systems have survived and some have vanished.
- Describe the historical events and scientific discoveries that have influenced psychology and explain how future discoveries might continue to do so.
- Demonstrate an ability to conduct research on an historical figure and synthesize your findings in a written review.
How do I take this psychology course online?
Course information will be conveyed through textbook chapters, video lectures, notes, quizzes, exams, research and writing.
The textbook for this online course is Schultz, D. P., & Schultz, S. E. (2016). A History of Modern Psychology, 11th edition, ISBN: 9781133316244.
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete nine lessons and four proctored exams
Each assignment contains a combination of multiple-choice questions and a journal entry. The journal entries or “logs” will represent how a social psychological concept reflects a real-world experience.
How will the History and Systems of Psychology course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.