Research Methods in Psychology Online Course
Learn methods of gathering knowledge in psychology with special emphasis on the experimental method in this online course.
- PSYC 111 and MATH103
- Pre or Co-requisite:
- PSYC 241
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 months
- $370.08 per credit
What will I learn in the psychology research online course?
This course will introduce you to methods of gathering knowledge in psychology with a special emphasis on the experimental method. The course consists of both lecture and lab components and will initiate you to the procedures involved in conducting psychological research. These skills are essential in psychology and all sciences and will give you an edge in most fields of work. As you begin to understand how research is conducted, you will also be better able to think critically about scientific research. Scientific discoveries continue to shape decisions about public policy, parenting, education, personal growth issues, etc. As such, familiarity with research methods used in the behavioral sciences is an increasingly valuable skill set.
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 20 lessons and six proctored exams. By the end of this online psychology research course, you should:
- Be familiar the advantages and disadvantages of various research methodologies
- Be more familiar the appropriate statistical techniques for various research designs
- Have experience reading and interpreting graphs and tables containing the numerical results of research
- Learn how to use library bibliographic resources and locate psychology literature
- Become familiar with the database PsycInfo
- Become familiar with APA format
- Have thought about the nature of your personal interest in psychology
- Become better able to evaluate media claims about scientific research findings
Research Methods in Psychology Course Textbook
Morling, B. (2017). Research Methods in Psychology (3rd edition).
- ISBN-13: 978-0393617542
- ISBN-10: 0393617548
How will the course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle with setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.