Research Methods in Psychology Online Course
Learn methods of gathering knowledge in psychology with special emphasis on the experimental method in this online course.
- PSYC 111 and MATH103
- Pre or Co-requisite:
- PSYC 241
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
What will I learn in the psychology research online course?
This online college course will introduce you to methods of gathering knowledge in psychology with a special emphasis on the experimental method.
The course consists of both lecture and lab components, and will initiate you to the procedures involved in conducting psychological research. These skills are essential in psychology and all sciences, and will give you an edge in most fields of work. As you begin to understand how research is conducted, you will also be better able to think critically about scientific research. Scientific discoveries continue to shape decisions about public policy, parenting, education, personal growth issues, etc. As such, familiarity with research methods used in the behavioral sciences is an increasingly valuable skill set.
By the end of this online course, you should:
- Be familiar the advantages and disadvantages of various research methodologies
- Be more familiar the appropriate statistical techniques for various research designs
- Have experience reading and interpreting graphs and tables containing the numerical results of research
- Learn how to use library bibliographic resources and locate psychology literature
- Become familiar with the database PsycInfo
- Become familiar with APA format
- Have thought about the nature of your personal interest in psychology
- Become better able to evaluate media claims about scientific research findings
How do I take the Methods of Psychology Research course online?
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 20 lessons and six proctored exams.
What textbook is required to take this online course?
Morling, B. (2015). Research Methods in Psychology (2nd edition). ISBN-13: 978-0393936933.
How will the psychology research course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, or you may be able to complete in as little as 3 months. The credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind, UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
Why choose the University of North Dakota?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable - UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited - UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits from UND - The transfer of credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. Enroll anytime courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as on-campus and online semester-based courses appear.
Enroll-anytime courses allow you to complete the course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take this online quiz to help determine if enroll anytime courses are the right fit for you.
*Course information, including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.