Get familiar with major social problems in America by taking this online college course.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
What is a social problem?
A social problem is any condition or behavior that has negative consequences for large numbers of people and that is generally recognized as a condition or behavior that needs to be addressed. Social problems exist when there is a sizable difference between the ideal of a society and actual conditions.
Why take the Social Problems online course at UND?
The social problem online college course will acquaint you with a number of social problems that are facing our society and the world today.
We will look at social problems from a sociological perspective. Sociologists tend to take a system-blame approach to social problems, looking at social problems as the result of social sources/social conditions, rather than pathologies of the individual. This is not to say that individuals bear no responsibility, but that it is important to understand the role that society plays, and to understand that solutions require an understanding of social conditions and of how existing social arrangements help to perpetuate the problems.
What is required to take this online course?
The text for the social problems course is available online, for free.
Barkan, Steven. 2016. Social Problems: Continuity and Change. University of Minnesota Libraries Publishing.
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 13 lessons and three proctored exams.
How will the Social Problems course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.