Juvenile Delinquency Online Course
Take this online college course to understand the nature, extent, causes and treatment of juvenile delinquency.
Registration has closed for this course. If you are interested in taking Juvenile Delinquency, please email UND.online@UND.edu.
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take the Juvenile Delinquency online course at UND?
Juvenile delinquency is the study of childhood and the invention of delinquency. This course reviews the extent and distribution of delinquent behavior. Further, the course looks to explanations of delinquent behavior through a review of theory on crime and delinquency. Juvenile delinquency also studies the different systems used to deal with youth and crime; juvenile courts and adult court systems are explored.
This course provides students the opportunity to examine juvenile crime and behavior through the juvenile system. Other course goals include an attempt to understand juvenile delinquency and to determine if the current system works, relating to the variety of behavior and crimes children commit. We will also take a look at the elements of social responsibility versus social problems as it relates to juvenile offenders.
Juvenile Delinquency Course Objectives
- Be able to distinguish the differences between juvenile offenders and adult offenders
- Learn the societal approaches to delinquency and acquire an understanding of their validity
- Develop an understanding of the causes of delinquency
- Learn the history and the future direction of juvenile justice
- Understand the dual system: Adult versus juvenile
- Develop an awareness of current social policy issues
- Apply what is learned to current local and national issues
- To teach and practice elements of critical thinking as we look at delinquency
How do I take the Juvenile Delinquency course online?
There is one required textbook for this online course:
Juvenile Delinquency: The Core Larry J. Siegel and Brandon C. Welsh 6th Ed. CENGAGE, ISBN -978-1-305-57741-1
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 14 lessons, consisting of:
- Journal Posts
- Critical-Thinking Essays
There are no exams.
How will the Juvenile Delinquency course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have 3-9 months to complete this online course. The college credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register.
Why Take Online Classes at UND?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable – UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited – UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits – Transferring credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. UND's online courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as other courses.
Flexible 100% Online Course
You'll take this online course at your own pace. Take our online quiz to help determine if online enroll anytime courses are right for you.
Course information including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.