Sociology Statistics Online Course
This online Sociology Statistics course introduces you to calculation and application of basic statistical techniques employed by sociologists.
- MATH 093 or any higher mathematics course
- Online - Self-Paced Enroll Anytime
- EST. time to complete:
- 3 to 9 Months
- $342.16 per credit (no fees)
Why take Sociology Statistics online?
This online college course provides an introduction to statistics, starting with basic descriptive statistics, but focusing on inferential statistics. We will cover:
- the normal curve
- estimation procedures
- one and two sample hypothesis testing
- regression (emphasizing hand-calculation and definitional formulas)
By going through the regression process (and knowing how it is done), it will help make the results you get from a computer much more understandable.
What is required to take this online course?
There are three textbooks for this course, all of which are available online for free. A calculator is also needed.
- Online Statistics Education: A Multimedia Course of Study (onlinestatbook.com). Project Leader: David M. Lane, Rice University.
- Collaborative Statistics, Barbara Illowsky and Susan Dean, De Anza College
- Introductory Statistics, Douglas Shafer and Zhiyi Zhang, University of North Carolina
How long will it take to complete the Sociology Statistics course?
You have 3 to 9 months from your enrollment date to complete 12 lessons and three exams.
How will the Sociology Statistics course appear on my transcript?
You may enroll at any time and have up to 9 months to complete your course, or you may be able to complete in as little as 3 months. The credits you earn will be recorded on your transcript in the semester you register. Keep in mind, UND can only verify your enrollment for the semester in which the course is registered and recorded on your transcript.
Why choose the University of North Dakota?
Here are a few reasons why you should take an online enroll anytime course at UND:
- Great customer service – Our registration team is ready to answer questions quickly so you can focus on your coursework.
- Affordable - UND's enroll anytime courses are priced at North Dakota's affordable, in-state tuition rate.
- Accredited - UND is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Easily transfer credits from UND - The transfer of credits is always at the discretion of the institution to which the credits are being transferred. In general, credits from schools/universities that are regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission transfer to other regionally accredited institutions. Enroll anytime courses appear on your UND transcript in the same way as on-campus and online semester-based courses appear.
Enroll-anytime courses allow you to complete the course at your own pace. Some students thrive in this environment, while other students may struggle setting their own deadlines. If you have successfully taken an independent study or correspondence course previously, UND’s enroll anytime courses may be right for you. Still not sure? Take this online quiz to help determine if enroll anytime courses are the right fit for you.
*Course information, including tuition, technology requirements, textbooks, lessons and exams is subject to change without notice.