Flight Training Program
The UND Army ROTC Flight Training Program is the only aviation program in the United States that qualifies and certifies Cadets in diverse flight operations, to include Rotary Wing and Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
The objective of the Flight Training Program is to capitalize upon civilian flight training programs providing high-quality, competitively priced civilian pilots capable of meeting the requirements of the U.S Army satisfying Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulations Part 61 and 141.
If you are considering an undergraduate Unmanned Aircraft Sys-Helicopter degree, enrolling in Army ROTC can enhance your leadership skills and critical-thinking abilities while providing financial support to help make your professional goals a reality.
Benefits of the Flight Training Program (FTP)
- 100% of the associated flight fees will be paid when students become contracted ROTC Cadets.
- The program provides students with the opportunity to earn their private pilot/commercial/instrument license.
- The program offers hands-on flight training with experienced instructors.
- Students will gain valuable leadership skills and experience through their involvement in the Army ROTC program.
- Graduates of the program are well-prepared for careers in aviation and military service.
What are the requirements for the Flight Training Program?
- Students must be enrolled as full-time students at the University of North Dakota and Army ROTC and be in good academic standing.
- Must have 6 semesters of college or more left to be considered for this scholarship.
- Obtain an ROTC Scholarship (National ROTC Scholarship, Minuteman Scholarship, or our ROTC Campus-Based Scholarships)
- Students must meet the physical and medical requirements of a DoDMERB and Class 1A Army Flight Physical (We will schedule this for you)
- Obtain a minimum score of 40 or better on the Selection Instrument Flight Test (SIFT)
- Students must complete Army ROTC training and meet the requirements for commissioning as a Second Lieutenant in the U.S. Army.
Scholarship Students: 2, 2 ½, 3, and 4-year scholarships are available.
All scholarships provide:
- Full tuition/fees or $12,000 per year for room/board
- Books: $1200 per year
- Tax-free stipend during the school year
- $420/month while contracted
- Out of state tuition waivers
Criteria for Scholarship
- United States Citizenship
- High School Graduate with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and/ or College GPA 2.6
- Minimum SAT of 1050 or ACT of 19
- Physically fit and medically qualified
- Under 31 years of age on 31 December of the year you graduate from college
- Good moral character
Request Info Session
If you are interested in being part of one of the top ROTC programs in the nation, please contact Trudy Soli at email@example.com or 701-777-3498 for an informational session.