The ROTC program provides you the opportunity to excel at becoming a leader, prepare for a military career, and even pay for college. UND offers general (2 years) and professional (3-4 years) Army and Air Force ROTC courses.
Whether you choose the general or professional program, you’ll enjoy camaraderie second to none with only a small time commitment each week. Members of ROTC are not in the military and will not deploy while in school.
General Military Courses (GMC)
- No military obligation or commitment
- Gain formal leadership education and experience.
- Usually taken during your freshman and sophomore years.
Professional Officer Courses (POC)
- Taken during your junior and senior years.
- Guaranteed job upon graduation with a U.S. Armed Services commission.
- Open to contract or 3- & 4-year scholarship students.
Coursework and Time Commitments
- Physical Training, Leadership Lab and In-class instruction
- Freshmen and sophomores (GMC): 6-10 hours per week
- Juniors and seniors (POC): 10-15 hours per week