Simultaneous Membership Program
Serving your country while earning a degree.
The Simultaneous Membership Program (SMP) is a volunteer officer training program that allows Army National Guard and Army Reserve enlisted members to also participate in the ARMY ROTC program. Upon completion of Basic Training, a Reserve Component Solider can join the ARMY ROTC program and earn a commission as an officer in the United States Army while completing their college degree. The intent of the SMP is to increase officer accessions into the Reserve Components (RC) by increasing ROTC enrollment from enlisted RC members who are attending college.
- Gain a commission while going to college.
- Hands on management / leadership training.
- $420 a month in ROTC stipend plus E-5 pay for drill.
- Montgomery GI Bill plus a $350 Kicker and tuition assistance.
- A future as an officer in the National Guard or Reserve Duty
- Opportunity to volunteer for Airborne and Air Assault
- US Citizen
- Under 32 years of age when at commissioning time
- High School or College GPA of 2.0 or higher to contract and 2.5 or higher for a scholarship
- Pass the Army Physical Fitness Test