Groups and Workshops
Groups and workshops are frequently the most beneficial support options for college student growth.
Groups are open to any UND student who is enrolled in the current semester, regardless of if you are participating in other services at UCC.
Types of Groups & Workshops
Support-Based Facilitated Discussion Groups
These groups are led by trained mental health professionals who will be guiding the dialog among the group attendees.
Skill Building Workshops
Our workshops are designed for you to practice and experience coping strategies and techniques that can have a positive effect on your wellbeing.
Virtual Group Guidelines
The University Counseling Center is now offering groups and workshops both virtually through Zoom Health services and in person.
To participate in our virtual group and workshop services, we ask that students adhere to the following guidelines:
- Students must use a secure (non-public) internet connection.
- Students should log-in to the group through UND.ZOOM.US to verify they are an authorized UND user then join by the link provided on our website.
- Students are NOT permitted to record meetings.
- Students must use a quiet and private room with no interruptions or distractions from people or other devices. Headphones are strongly encouraged.
- Students understand confidentiality cannot be guaranteed and students are encouraged to maintain the privacy of other members.
- Students must make every effort to arrive on time to the meeting and understand that meetings are locked to additional participants joining after the first ten minutes.
- Students who are experiencing thoughts of suicide or homicide are encouraged to contact UCC at 701.777.2127 for a confidential individual session with a mental health therapist as these groups and workshops are not meant to be utilized as a substitute for mental health treatment. If it is after our business hours, students can contact a crisis line such as First Link (701.235.7335 or 1.800.273.8255) or 911, or go to the nearest emergency room.
You can also easily make changes to your Zoom profile, such as your display name.
Non-Treatment Group and Workshop Disclaimer
Please know this support group or workshop is not intended to be therapy. Keep in mind we are licensed professionals and there are some instances, such as: clear and imminent danger to someone’s life, medical emergencies, and/or instances of apparent abuse to a member of a vulnerable population, where we are considered to be mandated reporters and may be required to take action. Group participants cannot be responsible for other participant’s statements, or information shared, and cannot guarantee confidentiality. We ask that you not discuss any information that pertains to what a participant has shared outside of the context of this meeting, but want to acknowledge that if this does occur we are not responsible for any information that another participant shares or chooses to not keep confidential to the group discussion. If you are interested in therapeutic services moving forward, please speak to one of the group leaders afterward or make an appointment with the UCC.